Lots of snow here!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuddlesMom

Reaction score
I have a ? I have a wild baby rabbit that livesin a small bush in my front yard. The problem is we had about 9 inchesof snow....he maybe burried...should i try to dig him out? Before itsnowed i threw leaves down on top of the bush i hate for him to becrushed in there.....the snow is heavy. Any advised would be greatthanks!!!!

Honestly, my first thought is that he's totally okay and not to worry.

Thing is, he's wild, been out there his whole life, and knows that whenit starts snowing, he best find a better place to be. If hedoesn't notice right away, believe me, the little guy is quiteproficient at digging, and would be able to dig his way out.

I wouldn't worry, Hun...I'm sure he's just fine, having gone somewhereless of a danger to a little bunny body like his.Remember...they have instincts that pass down from generations of wildbunnies. He's not a domestic bun that's been put outside inthe snow for the first few times, ya know?

I think he's just fine, and you'll see him when the snow startsclearing up, or even playing in the snow while it's stilldown! :)

Anyway, not that I'm an expert on wild bunnies...but that was my first thought in my general wild animal knowledge. :)

Hugs!

Rosie*

Yup, a wild bunny will be just fine. :) Probably would do more harm than good to disturb him.

The domestic bunnies that idiot peopleturned loose are adifferent story, though. I just hope they've built some warmwarrens... or something. :(

sas

I worry for the domestic buns, too, Pipp...thebest thing we can do is take them in (or to a shelter) when we seethem, and pray for the ones we don't see/find. Poorbabies...winter must be so difficult for them. :(

:pray:

I'm sure he'll be just fine, I'd just leave him:). If he does get stuck, he can always dig himself out (he might havesome fun in the process too! :)). If you were to try to help him, hewould probably see you more as a predator than someone trying to helphim :).

Latest posts

Back