Lots of questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnylovr

Reaction score
I have a broken blue otter, mini rex. Is it the right color? I also have a black otter, should she have tan scattered hairs on her nose and front legs. I also have another mini that her color is changing, her parents are black and broken black and I am confused. Pic attached is the broken? With the color changing. Her nose and eyes are black and her back color is Turning like a chocolate, she was originally a grey

Attachments

• IMG_20200516_145225.jpg
    IMG_20200516_145225.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 5
Hello
It's pretty common for black otters to have some tan hairs on their nose and front legs - as they age the tan hairs on their nose often go away.
The one in that picture is a Broken Sable. (edit: not sable point, actual sable) One of my favorite mini rex colors, and one of the newest recognized varieties in the ARBA standard as well. They are born a silvery gray color (dark with a silvery cast over it) and get their brownish sable shading with their first coat.

Hello
It's pretty common for black otters to have some tan hairs on their nose and front legs - as they age the tan hairs on their nose often go away.
The one in that picture is a Broken Sable. (edit: not sable point, actual sable) One of my favorite mini rex colors, and one of the newest recognized varieties in the ARBA standard as well. They are born a silvery gray color (dark with a silvery cast over it) and get their brownish sable shading with their first coat.
Thanks, I don't know how I got that color, but it's nice to know

I don't have a picture of a broken sable mini rex, but this is a picture of a solid sable mini rex if that helps. (picture from the ARBA)
1590196939302.png

Latest posts

Back