LOST Rabbits! How do I get them back??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

en16649

Reaction score
Heya, I've lost 2 rabbits (in the bristol UK area if anyone else lives there) and I am desperate to get them back. I've flyered around the neighborhood, put them up on sites like pawboost and petslocated, contacted all the local vets... still can't find them :(

Every time I get a tip it seems like a scam caller and they say something like "I saw your rabbit" and don't say where, or don't stay to try and catch them ....

Has anyone ever had a bunny go missing? How ling until you found them again? Just need some hopeful stories right now..

Thanks!

Did they escape a run or fence, do you know where they got out? Are they used to be out, or is that a new situation for them? Normally they don't go far if they just got out. For how long are they missing now?

First thing I would get would be a wildlife camera, and put some dishes with a little of their pellets out and see if they disappear, then put the camera there to see what eats it.

Those phone calls sound wiered, must be that British Humor I've heard about...

About stories:
3 does from my first litter escaped, I caught one the next day, but the other hid in a huge corn field. I met them months later, they lived at the neighbouring demolition waste recycling plant and had a wild buck with them. They did well, became kind of mascots there and got fed by employees, raised some litters over the years. Didn't have the heart to put them back into captivity, they did so well, had a family already and were both agoutis, just huge compared to their wild companion. I could even pet one of them sometimes, they were still around 3 years later when I moved away.

Now, I don't bother much with fences. Right now all the kits still fit through, but growing up that way it doesn't even cross their mind to run away, and getting them back into their hutches in the evening works well.

Oh, and I found a neighbours (ca. half a km away) sweet little angora buck last year. Twice. Inside my fenced in hutch area. Admiring my girls through the bars. Dedicated fella, jumped from a wall on a hutch to the next and then on the floor, couldn't get out that way.

One thought-put a shelter up in the garden with a tunnel,plastic or cloth,attached to it.Rabbits love to hide in tunnels,even such things as the sleeves of a jacket on occasion.It may just tempt themin,with the food suggestion previouslty mentioned.

Nope, still no sign of them. I’m highly suspecting someone has kept them for themselves, there’s no way 2 rabbits go missing in a built up area and no one reports them :(

Latest posts

Back