Lost rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chibibun

Reaction score
I need some advice. This may or may not be a serious matter but I I feel like ive looked everywhere for this rabbit. We have 2 rabbits that roam around freely outside and they stay in the shed at night. Usually my white rabbit goes into the shed and hides when it gets dark (this has happened before) and today it had gotten dark yet we could not find him in the shed at all. On the other hand our grey rabbit was just sitting outside. There is no way to escape the garden or atleast none that we know of (but they have never escaped in the whole year that they've been outside.) Foxes are not so common in my area either and I feel like if it was some sort of other animal, they would have hurt my grey rabbit aswell but she was fine. Also, our white rabbit is alot bigger than our grey one (as seen in my pfp) so im very confused to what might have happened. We looked all we could but he didnt come out so we're worried, does anyone have any advise?

I need some advice. This may or may not be a serious matter but I I feel like ive looked everywhere for this rabbit. We have 2 rabbits that roam around freely outside and they stay in the shed at night. Usually my white rabbit goes into the shed and hides when it gets dark (this has happened before) and today it had gotten dark yet we could not find him in the shed at all. On the other hand our grey rabbit was just sitting outside. There is no way to escape the garden or atleast none that we know of (but they have never escaped in the whole year that they've been outside.) Foxes are not so common in my area either and I feel like if it was some sort of other animal, they would have hurt my grey rabbit aswell but she was fine. Also, our white rabbit is alot bigger than our grey one (as seen in my pfp) so im very confused to what might have happened. We looked all we could but he didnt come out so we're worried, does anyone have any advise?
We have too many birds of prey here that keep me from letting our small pets outside. I would talk to neighbors and get them to help look. Ours was a rescue that dug out of a fenced in yard and went under cars. We never let her outside because of that and it’s too hard to catch her. Praying your bunny turns up safe and sound.

Last edited:
Rabbits can find little gaps and squeeze through. I would suggest doing a really thorough search of your yard for any possible hiding place(including a possible burrow) or escape route. If you absolutely can't find one, then the only other possibility is that your rabbit was grabbed by a predator. Your other rabbit wouldn't necessarily have been attacked if the predator grabbed your one bun and left. Which means if this is what happened, letting your remaining rabbit free roam without a secure enclosure or unsupervised, puts her at risk of the predator returning and possibly grabbing her as well. So I would not let her free roam unsupervised from now on.

We have too many birds of prey here that keep me from letting our small pets outside alone. I would talk to neighbors and get them to help look. Ours was a rescue that dug out of a fenced in yard and went under cars. We never let her outside because of that and it’s too hard to catch her. Praying your bunny turns up safe and sound.
Thankyou, I hope so too - we also have a fence that he could have dug under but I couldnt see any holes/burrorws

Rabbits can find little gaps and squeeze through. I would suggest doing a really thorough search of your yard for any possible hiding place(including a possible burrow) or escape route. If you absolutely can't find one, then the only other possibility is that your rabbit was grabbed by a predator. Your other rabbit wouldn't necessarily have been attacked if the predator grabbed your one bun and left. Which means if this is what happened, letting your remaining rabbit free roam without a secure enclosure or unsupervised, puts her at risk of the predator returning and possibly grabbing her as well. So I would not let her free roam unsupervised from now on.
It is possible but there were 2 adults downstairs, one asleep and other in the kitchen where there's a window to the garden. So we find it strange that no one heard anything or saw anythng (no blood or tuffs of fur), but anyways we will look for escape routes. Thankyou for the reply.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back