Lost our baby Lola......miss u

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugsLola1411

Reaction score
Our baby Lola was showing signs of improvement. She had started pooping......was eating a couple of the holy basil (tulsi) leaves....but was yet on critical care.....
The doc advised to keep her in a diaper for 3 hours (to help the cyst near her rectum dry out......) and then 3 hours open without the diaper......said to do this all day......
We were at the vet yesterday......and she passed a caecotroph 3 times.........
The vet too was sure she was improving.....
Suddenly today 30 mins after giving her the meds.......she urinated properly.....so we went to change the underpads and it was time to make her wear the diaper.
We picked her up to wash her cyst as we have been doing all this while and put the powder and suddenly her head tilted.
We kept her down.....she jumped up.....her eyes buldged.....and we had to hold mid air so that she would not fall to the ground.
And before we could reach the vet today, she passed away. 😭😢😢
It's a pathetic feeling to see our baby go like this. The house is just not the same without her. We can see that bugs is also missing her.
Will it affect him a lot even though he did not go too close to her in the past 3 weeks since she has been unwell??? Since her illness.......he has gone close to her just about 2 to 3 times.....
What do I need to do to make sure he does not get too troubled?????

I am sorry to hear that your bun passed. I am new to rabbits so I am not a great resource for you here, but I would personally just try to spend extra time with your surviving bun, to show him that you are here for him and that he is loved. Good luck!

So sorry to hear about Lola. The grieving process is completely different from one bunny to another. I'd say keep things as normal as possible, routine is what helps a rabbit settle down. Let your rabbit grieve the way he wants and keep an eye on his food intake and the litterbox to make sure it's not affecting his health while trying not to stress him out.

Bugs has been eating properly and pooping fine......just that when I go close to him to pet him he grunts at me......he let's my husband pet him.....
As for me......i somehow feel it is my fault that Lola passed away.......i was cleaning her cyst and stopped mid way when she started kicking and her head tilted......
I guess Bugs can sense that and maybe that's the reason he is not letting me go close to him

Latest posts

Back