Lost my baby boy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Lama.
I too lost one of my 3 rabbits this week and fully understand what you are going through. But reading your post has given me comfort because I too had feelings of guilt but you need to think of the long life you gave Roary. My rabbit was only 18 months old and she because lethargic on Tuesday so took her to the vet.
Hello from me too, Lama. I felt the same thing when i had to let my bun go too on 6th of june. He was only 16 months old, quite very young and i didn't even get to enjoy my one-year-mark with him still alive. It all started off as a limp of the hind leg on march 30th. The local vet helped us the best he could and said we need to seek further help. So we did but we were unlucky and landed on a vet that just claimed to be rabbit savvy, gave us wrong and Literally who-knows-what treatment. Needless to say, it didn't help at all and by the time we'd gotten off the long line to a truly savvy vet Musti was already too ill-the devastating knee bacteria destroying his joints to crumbs, scalds in his ears, balding around his eyes, ears and bum. He'd gotten severe muscle weakening and lost 0.5kg in those few months. He'd been low-active, kind of drowsy and not really eating the way he'd used to. Oh well, he was beyond saving.
Your vet, too, did everything they could do in the situation. It's not their, nor is it your fault in any way. Your bun lived a happy, long life with you and i'm sure that he's still present near you somewhere, even if you can't see or hear him. You know, i've sometimes felt the sensation of somebun nudging and licking me although he isn't there anymore.
Just remember-he'll always be there with you and we all at the forum will be your supporting pillars!

i feel for you, it’s so sad when they pass no matter what age. The guilt has really taken me aback, I just wish I had reacted sooner but we have gone through this before and I’ve nursed him back to health. He did have a good long life and I hope that he knows I tried my best with him. I’ve attached a photo of him being king of the castle, he was such a character!
He is so adorable! Sure looks like you had many fun times with him!

Thanks bunbun, he wasn’t always a good boy but still cute even when being naughty! Desperately missing him :(
BunBun is not a good boy sometimes too. Sorry that you are missing him so much. 😔

Hello from me too, Lama. I felt the same thing when i had to let my bun go too on 6th of june. He was only 16 months old, quite very young and i didn't even get to enjoy my one-year-mark with him still alive. It all started off as a limp of the hind leg on march 30th. The local vet helped us the best he could and said we need to seek further help. So we did but we were unlucky and landed on a vet that just claimed to be rabbit savvy, gave us wrong and Literally who-knows-what treatment. Needless to say, it didn't help at all and by the time we'd gotten off the long line to a truly savvy vet Musti was already too ill-the devastating knee bacteria destroying his joints to crumbs, scalds in his ears, balding around his eyes, ears and bum. He'd gotten severe muscle weakening and lost 0.5kg in those few months. He'd been low-active, kind of drowsy and not really eating the way he'd used to. Oh well, he was beyond saving.
Your vet, too, did everything they could do in the situation. It's not their, nor is it your fault in any way. Your bun lived a happy, long life with you and i'm sure that he's still present near you somewhere, even if you can't see or hear him. You know, i've sometimes felt the sensation of somebun nudging and licking me although he isn't there anymore.
Just remember-he'll always be there with you and we all at the forum will be your supporting pillars!

That’s so sad Catlyn, I’m so sorry for your poor bun. I’m not blaming my vet, his symptoms could have been linked to several things so they did what they thought was right. It’s just now with hindsight that I wish we had tried other treatments. It would be lovely to know he’s still here in some way, I’ve heard people say that they can still feel a presence sometimes. He will always be in my heart if nothing else. Thank you for your kindness, everyone here is so supportive

Latest posts

Back