lost my 2 babies this year

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lokin4AReason

R.I.P Little man ....
Reaction score
sorry I havent been on awhile. just had a lot going on and just had access to a computer. sorry if this is going to be long, but here goes....

my boy ( Borderline Charlie ) wasnt feeling himself last Dec. of 2017 and he passed on 26th of Jan. 2018. I can not tell you how much time I spend going to 2 different vet clinics ( like 6 times each with leaving him there for 2 weeks for supervised supervision and was there everyday except on sundays, at where they where closed ) and going med vet like 4X ( at night, like an ER for exotics and wasn't cheap ). the reason that they gave me, was that he had an tooth infection ( had the tooth removed lower right jaw ) and the infection turned into an abscess on the right side of his face. the infection spread with moving thru his skull, behind is eye ( with the growth was pushing his eye out ) but his health still declined. and made the decision between two doctors that it was best to put him down. I spent his last moments our girl ( Bogyo was his boned partner ) and with me

after losing my boy ( borderline ) … a few weeks later, a friend brought over a little boy bun and later named him Chopsley. he is a dwarf mini rex ( like Borderline and Bogyo ). so I tried my best to bond him with my girl. she really didn't like his company and had to put him in a separate cage because I wasn't able to ever bonded her with him.

some time later, my girl ( Bogyo ) wasn't feeling well late May and she pass on 28th of June 2018. out of this time my girl was w me 2 days out of the whole time. I took precautions with her ( due to the fact after loosing my boy ) but apparently, not enough. first clinic she went to needed her teeth floated ( tooth infection on lower left jaw ) after the cheque up we had and was recommended. once her teeth were floated, the power went out and wasn't able to take x rays. heard a sniffle and took her to my other vet and they said she had pneumonia. so with antibiotics, it took a month in fighting it to take x rays of her skull. we didn't see anything but we wanted a second opinion to make sure . we sent it to an animal hospital ( at where they have experts in x ray technology field and a ct scan ). they came back with results and said they seen something. so the next day, I drove her to the hospital ( which was about 90 miles away ) and have them make a time for her to get a ct scan. ct scan was made ( which wasn't cheap ) and their was an infection that turned in an abscess. so blood work was done along with culture work in finding an antibiotic to fight off the infection. after a week of waiting for results her health declined and spent the two days of her life in ICU ( because she stopped breathing 2 days before ) before she passed ….

a week later, another friend called me regarding if I wanted another bun because she seen a post of a bun and cage for free. because the family had a child that had autism and the bun kept biting him. so I took her in and kept the name that they gave her, as Zoey

I hope that all this made sense and it was hard to put these two events together in words. so far 2018 was a horrible year ( in loosing the original beloved original crew but starting another family ). I just hope that I wont go thru this crew like I did with the last ones

( also will revise if there is any mistakes along the way )

thank you .... its just been rough year so far
and have the new gang on patrol with not knowing at what to think anymore .... =/

What a difficult year you've had. I'm so sorry you lost your buns, but glad that you've been able to bring in your new buns to care for and love them.

Latest posts

Back