Lost litter training with hooded litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kadv

Reaction score
I just got a pet rabbit, he's a year old and he hasn't been neutered (i do plan on neutering him, but i have to save up for it at the moment). I just got him a new litter box, cause I wanted to change to a hooded litter box. He was near-perfect with his potty training before I got him this hooded litter box, but now he's just lost it. I think he doesn't like the hood, and is having trouble adjusting to it, so i've removed it in the mean time. Are there any tips for getting my bunny used to the hooded litter box or should I just listen to his preference and leave it without the hood?

When the hood is on he does do his business there, but it's been very inconsistent, instead he pees or poos next to the box.

My rabbits do not like to go into anything that has just one entrance, only exception is the nestbox. I think they feel trapped there.

Why a hooded box?

My rabbits do not like to go into anything that has just one entrance, only exception is the nestbox. I think they feel trapped there.

Why a hooded box?

I live in a studio apartment, and I just thought it'd be best for my setting because I plan on free roaming him once he's potty trained. I removed the hood of the litter box the entire day today, but he still had some accidents. I decided to clean out his entire exercise pen to try and get rid of the odor from where he had his accidents.. will it be a good idea to change the layout of some of the items like his tent, food and water bowls?? I'm going to keep his litter box in the same place though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back