LOST BUNNY-PLEASE HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still no sign guys, and no noise either.

Smarty (sooty';s sister) was trying to groom my daughter today, butnipped her chest. IS that normal? Or is she being aggressive.I did ask the other day if putting her teeth on us was normal, not abit just we feel her teeth, but she did a tiny nip on my little girlschest today and was pulling at her t shirt and re-arranging it. thenshe jumped off and ran back to the hutch.

Is a mirror a good idea in a hutch for a rabbit, like people have forbirds? Or are they too clever for that? Smarty seems more and more blueeach day.......

Jo xxxxxxxxxx

Oh, I have not been reading this thread, because I didn't want to see bad news, but now I'm so hopeful -- SHE'S BEEN SPOTTED!!!

Did you set the trap? I've caught many a missing critter inthose. Horse people are great and often rabbit people too, soI'm sure they will all be on the lookout. Best of luck toyou. I'll continue my thoughts and prayers for you and yourlittle one (both human and rabbit).

Jen

Corky does the rearranging my shirt and nibblingat it thing lately too...not sure what its about...doesn't seem to beaggression tho...if I stop him he generally gives me kisses.....itsalmost like he's just trying to get comfortable...

I am hoping and praying for you and yourfamily and for Sooty's safe return. I Keep hoping that you will findher and be reunited again. I am praying for a happyending.

Any news?

Tina

We keep a mirror on the floor in the rabbits'play area. They mostly ignore it now, but Chompers used to "groom"himself and both Abby and Valuran used to go over and sniff it. We onlykeep it there now because it cleverly covers the wires to ourhumidifier and the dust buster.

Stillno sign of Sooty. She has been gone for a whole week now. We arethinking about getting another rabbit from a near rescue centre if shedoes not come back soon.

Jo

xxx

im sorry judomamma :(have u got anything in the garden she could have crawled under and got stuck?

Wow, what a sad story... :(I readthrough all 4 pages of this post, it was sounding hopeful towards theend but sounds like it didn't have a happy ending. I'm so so sorry! Ifone of my bunnies got lost I'd lose my mind, literally.

This is the first time I've seen thisthread...my prayers and thoughts are going out to you Jo, in the hopesthat Sooty does turn up. Her being spotted is a great sign; don't giveup hope! I had a rabbit when I was in my teens/early 20's, and one daywhile I was at work she was stolen from her hutch. I searchedeverywhere for her, but without much hope...for someone to actuallyremove her from the cage, I didn't think I'd ever see her again. Butsomething prompted me to explore all avenues anyway, and after a weekhad passed, as a last effort I called our local radio station and askedthem to announce a missing rabbit. They were kind enough to oblige, andwithin half an hour after it was announced, a man phoned me to say he'dbeen listening to the radio and heard it. He had seen some neighbour'schildren in the apt across the hall from him suddenly running aroundwith a rabbit one day, and he was rather suspicious...so when he heardthe announcement he wondered if it was my rabbit. Turned out itwas...and by the end of the day I had her back safe and sound.

I also once found a stray cat in my friend's yard, just sitting therelooking 'lost'...so I picked him up and noticed he had a collar and tagon, and I gave it a call...and to my surprise (and to the shock of theman on the other end of the phone) I found out that this cat had beenmissing for almost a year! The man had moved into the neighbourhood -just two blocks away - the previous year, and when the movers werecarrying his things into his new home, the cat had been frightened andran outdoors and disappeared. So for a year that little cat was on hisown, foraging in backyards and probably living on scraps and/or birdsand mice, but in the end he was finally reunited with his owner.

So I am keeping Sooty in my prayers...may he be led back to you soon and be reunited with your family soon. :)

I am so sorry!! I hope her sister is doingbetter! Have you got any more news yet? What day did she go missing on?I once read a miracle pets book and a rabbit went missing for 1 yr. andthen turned up on the back porch the same spot she was a yr before thenexactly. She was beaten up a little and very shy but other than thatshe was pretty good for being gone for a yr.

I really hope you find her. The only trick I know for ketching a gerbil(not a rabbit) is using a bucket... Get a ramp up to the top. Stick atreat in the bottom and wait. They climb up the ramp to get the treatand fall in. then they can't get back out.

Latest posts

Back