Lost a Rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pawsome_Pets

Reaction score
My brother calls me and says "have you lost a rabbit? there is one down the driveway!" after a quick head count everyone was accounted for.
2 minutes later Dylan (bro) is knocking on my door holding the most adorable little broken black male mini-lop. He is at least 6months but Im thinking more 1-2yrs. Wasn't hungry or thirsty and VERY friendly.
I was quite surprised my brother had caught him since he is so useless with all my animals but once he instantly fell asleep in my arms and then followed me around the house makes me believe he has come from a very loving home :)

so anyone lost a rabbit?
he is currently nomming on some carrot and apple

DSC04949.jpg
DSC04950.jpg

DSC04951.jpg
DSC04952.jpg

DSC04953.jpg
DSC04955.jpg

DSC04956.jpg
DSC04957.jpg

You may want to put up some Found Rabbit flyers in your area. A rabbit like that probably would not have gone far. I would not put a picture or much of a description, let people tell you the sex, colour and other features as this lets them identify the rabbit to you.

I would avoid giving fresh foods as you do not know what he is used to. Stick to hay and a few pellets for now along with water (bottle and dish if you can). If he stays with you for a while, you can try giving some fresh foods. Not all rabbits are used to fresh foods, especially those higher in sugar like apples and carrots.

thanks for the tips, ive put a few 'found rabbit' ads on trade me and sella and petsonthenet. I just went door knocking and nearly killed myself in the heat! im just about to put a found rabbit sign on my letterbox and make some fliers.

When I went door knocking I just asked "have you got a rabbit" and let them describe it. no luck so far, was a few houses where no one was home but will try them this evening

What a sweetie! I hope you can keep him if you can't find the owner.

I actually did see a lost rabbit flyer in my vet's office. Some times it is an accident.

To be honest my rabbits have escaped numerous times!
the first few times was because of a cheap hutch that had a faulty lock (quickly got rid of that!)

also, my rabbits are VERY good at climbing the sides of their pen and quickly jumping out as I feeding them!

I hope its just a matter of him escaping and he wasn't abandoned, but if I can't find the owners I have a friend who adopted one of my baby girls a couple of months ago and they are looking for a neutered boy to be friends :D

How is he? Found an owner yet? Love the pic of him watching the rugby, Reuben always watches it with me; he stops me getting *too* excited. :p

bugs once got out of his cage. made it half way down the street when a man found him bought him bsck. cheeky bugga

haha cheeky rabbits.... a couple of mine are really good at jumping out when Im trying to feed them! I also have 2 that can climb out of the pen!

*sigh* Wish I could take him; I would love a lop! He's like an over-marked version of Reuben, hehe. No offers yet? Does Alikat not want him anymore?

Latest posts

Back