Loss Of Ear Fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la~la~land

Reaction score
Hello,
I've been having issues with fur mites in the last year. I thought I'd completely eradicated them but I've noticed that a few of my rabbits have bald flaky patches on their ears but nowhere else. The fur on the rest of their body is just as thick as always. I've been treating with diatonaceous earth for fur mites and dust often. I've had bad reactions to ivermectin and don't trust it. What do you think?

Other breeders I know just put 1-2 drops of ivermectin in each ear to treat ear mites. Other than that, I'm not sure. I know it can spread to other rabbits if you don't keep it under control.

I was just going to post about this.

Yesterday I noticed that Bugsy's hair on one of his ears is thinning out a little bit. I thought this a week ago, but wasnt sure.. yesterday it was a bit more obvious. The rest of his fur looks great.
Can i get ivermectin from a feed supply? Or do i need a rx for it?

They live in wooden hutches and wire cages. I've dusted their cages as well as the rabbits. Its not inside their ears, just on the outside.

Latest posts

Back