Losing sleep every night because of the bun buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirbyultra

Reaction score
Lately I've been inadvertently spending less time with one bun or another bun, sometimes both sets of my rabbits... so the last couple days I've been trying to make up for it. Punishment for bad slave service is loss of sleep.

Anyone else sleep at odd hours because of the master bunnies?:biggrin:

I don't usually lose sleep from them unless they are sick. We have such a strick schedule that they both get exercise time and attention. But I am lucky that my rabbits can run free while I am gone so it makes it easier on not feeling guilty. I do sleep in the bunny room a lot on the futon just because I like to be in there with them. I love waking up to Little Bunny staring at me waiting for me to feed her. I also usually stay up late anyway so even if I don't get home until 8-9 pm, I still have several hours before I will go to bed.

I only stay out with them on the couch if one is sick. However on my days off I'm up at 6am b/c my "rabbit(s) alarm clock" is going off demanding food!

Yes as bun slaves, we mustsacrifice sleep time for the buns!

hln917 wrote:
I only stay out with them on the couch if one is sick. However on my days off I'm up at 6am b/c my "rabbit(s) alarm clock" is going off demanding food!

Yes as bun slaves, we mustsacrifice sleep time for the buns!
LOL So you too have the bunny alarm clock. Have you been able to find the snooze button? I haven't yet :p

HAHA Bentley is in my bedroom and he's up at the crack of dawn rattling his pen or chewing his flooring anything to wake me up and he does. I just tell him 'Bentley NOO' and he'll stop for awhile but he usually does it 2 or 3 times before I get up. Sometimes on the weekend when I have off I use earplugs so I don't have to hear him and won't worry about not hearing the alarm clock. It works believe me.

I could've shot Brady Hawkes this morning.

I didn't get to bed till 1 am or so - and at 5:15 am he starts thumping....for about 30 minutes - thumping every 20-30 seconds.

Mind you - he's in the living room - not only 12+ feet away - but with a closed door between us since we're in the bedroom.

I fixed him - I woke him up this afternoon and took photos of him for my 365 project (where I take a photo every day).

Ha ha.

Yup! My bunny room is right off of our bedroom, there's not even a solid door separating the two, just a spot for a door to go :p I think the bunny room was going to be a master bathroom or something off of the master bedroom but they never ended up finishing it.

Anyways, I get woken up pretty much every night. At least 2 of my bunners always get free range of the room at a time, even at night. Their favorite times to play seem to be at crazy hours of the night, or really early in the morning.

But I don't even mind too much. I'm happy their having fun! Especially when it's Berry making the noise - she almost passed away back in Jan. and ever since I feel a bit more forgiving when one of my crew annoys me. I'd much rather have them be waking me up every night than the alternative, not having them around.

The dog, however, gets so annoyed when the bunnies make too much noise at night! It's so funny, he gets up and starts grumbling and goes over to the pen gate in the bunny room to tell them to quite down. ;) I usually never have to get up to get the bunnies to stop making noise anymore, the dog goes over to the gate and they stop doing what they are doing to run up and see him.

Latest posts

Back