Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooo sorry I haven't posted!! I've been really busy. Well, I have bad news. 2 of Patty's babies died.. It is her first litter, so I guess I was expecting something like this, but it is still so sad:(. The third baby is alive and doing well, big fat stomach. I really hope this baby makes it!!!

Help!! Sandy is acting super weird!! She dug all her bedding to one side of her cage and is sitting in her nestbox with her eyes half closed! She has not made a nest, even though she could be kindling. I don't know and I am super worried. Please help!!! Whats wrong with her!!!

Please HELP!!!!!!!!! There is something wrong with Patty's baby!!!! I think she is not eating enough and I am not sure what to do!! Thiis afternoon I went out to see her and she was lying flat on the bottom of the cage, out of her nestbox, I held the mother so she could feed but she didn't even try!! Please help, I'm not sure what to do for her.☹☹

Hi, sorry about your losses so she only has one baby now how old is it? Do you keep them inside or outside?
When there are more kits in the nest they can stay warm but one would need something to keep warmth can you check if she's cold? Does Patty have milk at all? Some pics would be good so we can see your situation

So I see they born 12 September that's nearly two weeks. Do you know why the other two died?

Yes he/she is almost two weeks old. The rabbits are outside, and I have found the baby out of the nestbox more than once. Fortunately though, she has never seemed cold and is always burrowed in straw. This morning he/she seemed to have eaten a little but still did not have the full stomach I would like. I think Patty has some milk, is it possible that she could not have enough or is her baby to weak to eat enough? I have absolutely no idea why the other two died but I am assuming that it had something to do with the fact that this her first litter. I will try to get some pictures. It is a little hard to get pictures because I am using a laptop.

I would take them indoor if you can so you can monitor them and keep the baby warm inside nest box.
You can give Patty a little rolled oats if you think she doesn't have enough milk, just a tea spoon maybe. Also while nursing she supposed to be getting unlimited pellets about four her normal portions.

Here's what my rabbit gets while nursing, tablespoon of rolled oats with herbs, chamomile and thyme I think, but also I give them mint and other herbs from my backyard. Here's a little more oats that I would recommend as this was just first day after giving birth and she had 6 kits not one so I thought she'd need some booster but normally you just can sprinkle a teaspoon over her food and that would be enough.

Not to overdose oats especially if your bun tends to be overweight. But while nursing it's ok.

P1040169.JPG

Yes I will post some pictures and yes she/he has opened her/his eyes. (Its annoying not knowing if he/she is a boy or girl:p)

In the Summer it usually reaches the 100's, and the Winters rarely go under freezing. Spring and Fall are perfect.
But don't worry, we have fans running during the summer and every rabbit gets iced water bottles to lean on:)

Hello everyone!!:) I really should have said something about this a long time ago but I haven't had the time:(. But the news is good!!
Sandy is most likely pregnant and I am currently waiting for babies because her due date was yesterday, she has built a nest but no fur yet. I am hoping she really will kindle this time!!:D Last time I was 99% sure she was pregnant but still no babies, so maybe this time she will kindle:)
(I will try and post some pictures:)

Latest posts

Back