lop ears

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrybuns

Reaction score
I was wondering if my lionlop's ears will lop or stand up. is there a way to tell? they are six weeks now ans sit upright

If only one parent has lopped ears it is highly unlikely they will lop. That being said my first Lionlop babies had ALL lopped ears, mom was F1 SM lionhead(unknown breeds behind) with shortish up ears and the dad was a a big holland lop with mini lop type - huge wonderful crown, amazing ears and head, ect. You are more likely to get loppies at generation two.

I have my first purebred holland litter in two years right now! They are three weeks and their ears are already air plane, it started at 2 1/2 weeks. It depends. I have saw ears drop as late as 6 months and rabbits who switch things up all through their life - left up and right down, both up, left down and right up, air plane, both down, ect.

well dad has big ears that although upright he often holds them half way lopped so I wondered if he had a bit of lop in him. I guess it is a waiting game

Latest posts

Back