Lop ear issue

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollymom

Reaction score
Hello all...we have adopted a 2 month old Holland Lop bunny named Molly. We are brand new bunny parents and are hoping to learn a lot here. I came searching for help because her ear seems to be dry on the end. Maybe from getting wet?? I'm keeping a close eye on it but has anyone else had this problem with a lop? The undersides and ear canals look fine, it's the very end of her ear on the outer edge. We have had her for 2 weeks and this seemed to show up overnight last night. Any thoughts or suggestions?

It seems like Molly's ear problem might have been caused by wet salt lick that had dried up on her ear. I removed the salt lick from her cage (which was in a small crock with water)and it seems like she had cleaned herself of it and there is no sign of any problem.

It's great that you figured it out. Buns don't need mineral or salt blocks anyways, so no need to worry about them.

Yep. No need for salt licks or anything like that. I own a few Hollands, and they do just fine without. Make sure you are feeding lots of hay! =)

just make sure the rabbits have unlimited fresh hay and water. salt licks are for rabbits left outside in hutches i think. if the entire ear is dry and flaky that would be a ear mite infection.

Latest posts

Back