Lop Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massie777

Reaction score
Our rescue just got these three really cute lop bunnies into the rescue, but I am not sure exactly what breed they are. There fur is really weird because I think the owner that had them before shaved them so i am not really sure what their actual fur length is either. They look to be around 10-12 weeks old and are about 2 pounds each.
Let me know what you guys think...I thought maybe french lop.

Female
IMG_8552.jpg

IMG_8556.jpg

IMG_8560.jpg

sorry the pictures are so big
Male
IMG_8578.jpg

IMG_8640.jpg

IMG_8638.jpg

female
IMG_8574.jpg

IMG_8603.jpg

IMG_8610.jpg

They look an awful lot like holland lops to me, or maybe fuzzy lops if they were shaved. I don't think they're french lops, french lops are a giant breed. Of course, I'm no expert. :)

These guys don't appear to be older than 8 weeks to me. Especially considering their size.

They appear to be poorly bred Holland Lops to me. I don't mean that in a "bad" way, I just mean that they don't show the characteristic short, stocky build of most purebred Hollands. But their features and size still point toward that.

If they do end up with wool, they would be American Fuzzy Lops. AFLs and HLs are about the same size, so that would be the only disctinction. Their fur doesn't really look like wool here, but that is the only reasonable explanation I can think of for shaving them, so I'm giving the previous owner the benefit of the doubt! LOL

Thanks for the info...and I think you are right with the age. They seem very young to me now looking at them. I am kind of glad they are going to stay smaller, easier to find them a home. I will let you know what their hair starts to look like but it doesn't really feel wooly so we shall see.
They came from a livestock auction so who knows where they came from before that.

Thanks everyone...I will let you know what their fur turns into. It is starting to grow back and they are looking a little fuzzier then most bunnies. Really wondering if they are fuzzy lops. Would be cool if they were, I really love that breed and do not get too many of them in the rescue.

They don't look like Holland lops. This is a pic of mine :)

842648d1.jpg

He has really short ears and stocky. He weighs about 3lbs and he is 8 months old. Also those rabbits ears are huge!! And the rabbits are very skinny. They are probably a mixed breed, most likely not holland lops lol :) very cute bunnies though just don't see how you think they are Hollands :)

Yours is a nice quality holland! I have seen breeders with hollands that look like these!! They could be mixed with a mini but could also be all holland.
iLuvMyLilBuns wrote:
They don't look like Holland lops. This is a pic of mine :)

842648d1.jpg

He has really short ears and stocky. He weighs about 3lbs and he is 8 months old. Also those rabbits ears are huge!! And the rabbits are very skinny. They are probably a mixed breed, most likely not holland lops lol :) very cute bunnies though just don't see how you think they are Hollands :)

Latest posts

Back