loose stools

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heamic08

Reaction score
hello,

my bunny is a 5 month old Holland Lop. he’s on Timothy Hay and orchard grass hay.

He’s been having loose stools off and on for around 2-3 weeks. it’s worse when he has his pellets.

He saw a vet, and they put him on an antibiotic but it made it worse.

I’m seeing another vet next week, but does anyone have any ideas what this could be? He has some fruit, but it never caused it before. I’ve tried different brands of pellets, and also have tried just timothy hay and just orchard grass hay with no change.

thanks!

Hmm I'm not sure but he defintley should not be having fruit at 5months even if you dont notice a big difference, also if you just switched from alfalfa to timothy/orchard hay then his belly might get upset if it was a complete change (without slowly introducing it with the normal hay)

Is it just the cecotropes that are coming out mushy or is the round fecal balls also mushy or watery diarrhea? Did you put your rabbit strictly on hay with no other foods or medications, and if so, for how long did you try it? What antibiotic was your rabbit put on, and any other meds?

Latest posts

Back