Loose rabbit in the park

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I got him! a lady from a bunny rescue brought a live trap but I actually got him into my same box while she was gone to her car to bring the trap. Today he was not in an open field like all previous days, he was sitting in bushes and didn't look as active as previous days. I thought he may be getting weaker. However, he didn't resist at all and went inside the box where I had a piece of carrot and other veggies. He was quiet in there and didn't try to escape. I think he was getting weak and maybe even sick :( its a good thing that she took him in. She said it was a boy (Dutch rabbit, she said) and that his butt looked somewhat dirty. I will follow up with her in a bit.

I'm glad you caught him. If you come across another dumped park rabbit, dont wait so long to rescue him/her. Chances are very high a wild animal or feral cat will kill the rabbit faster than you can catch it. Sounds like you did a great job. So happy he's off the streets. If you live in California, a great rescue group for rabbits that gets them out of parks is called, 'Kribs For Kritters.' At the very least, you can call her, or contact her on Facebook for advice. Please catch any further bunnies you see in parks. Theyre in great danger. They can not survive on their own despite what some ppl will tell you.

Wonderful! Hopefully the shelter vets will be able to get him back to his usual self and he can find a forever home :). You did a really great thing for him, taking so much of your time to get him caught and surrendered to a rescue - you almost certainly saved his life!

its not that I was waiting to catch him, I was getting his trust and getting him to know that he should associate me with good things (eating yummy veggies).
The rescue girl told me that they also got another loose bunny several months ago that was surviving in a very bunny unfriendly place. She was by a restaurant that was literally by the highway and a town mall. Roads surrounding from each side, very rare short bushes. I heard about that bunny and drove there once to see if I can spot her, but I didn't find anyone back then and thought she was gone for bad. The girl said that the restaurant bunny was there for quite a long time.
I m far away from CA

Well done on catching that rabbit. Your patience and persistence won through. I do hope he picks up with good care and attention, and finds a happy home with nice people.

Latest posts

Back