Looks like a lionhead. Is it?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yontis.rbtt

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know what kind of bunny is this? Screenshot_20210907-072704_Gallery.jpg20210408_111700.jpg the pet shop dude said he is a dwarf lionhead. But he doesn't really look like one. He got some extra fur on his neck and ears but that's it, the rest of his fur is short. Maybe he is a mix? With what ?

He looks a little like my late lionhead mix, Neal. From how often you see lionhead fur in mixes, I am under the impression it has a pretty strong genetic influence. Purebred lionheads are quite small and appear a little more lightly built, at least to my eye.

My Neal was a mix of lionhead, satin, mini lop, and probably some other stuff on his dad's side that accounted for the fact that he was so big. It's nearly impossible to guess composition without the knowledge of the parents unless there is a very obvious trait, like lionhead fur.
Either way, he's adorable and reminded me of my beloved Neal, tell him he's a handsome rabbit for me!

Attachments

• IMG_3448.JPG
    IMG_3448.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 4
Mix, or could be lionhead and didn't get more of the longer lionhead coat, which does happen in litters. Some will get the normal traits of the breed and some not so much. With the longer tuft of fur on your rabbit, there is lionhead or some other long furred breed. But like Mac189 mentioned, without clear distinctive breed traits or without coming from a reputable breeder, there's no way to know for sure. So likely a mix with some lionhead traits.

He looks almost exactly like Erlong!!! Fur color, head shape, ear shape. And on her, there's tufts of fur sticking out on her cheeks very similar to those mutton chops you see in old movies based on 1800s era men fashion. How old is he? He looks fairly young.

View attachment 58383
Wow they look pretty similar! Only difference is the shade of the brown and the slightly larger ears that yours got. I think mine is about 3 years old

Wow they look pretty similar! Only difference is the shade of the brown and the slightly larger ears that yours got. I think mine is about 3 years old
Heh. Funny that he's three years old (right around) but mine is maybe 5-6 months old, right around. She's pretty young, still. Well, he's an adorable little bug, anyway. <3

Latest posts

Back