Looking for Vets in Washington, US, That Also Have Vaccines For Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kat Lust

Reaction score
Hello, I've been trying to find some vets to bring my bunnies to just for a wellness checkup, but I'm also trying to find a vet that has the vaccines for rabbits. I have called a bunch of places, most of which could do the checkup, but all of them said they didn't have the vaccines for rabbits, or said that there are no vaccines for rabbits. I have done some research and there definitely are, they just seem kind of rare. So I've been wondering, if it is rare, do I even need the vaccines? I just don't want to take the chance of them getting sick with some of the stuff I've heard about. If anyone knows any vet here in Washington that does vaccinations for rabbits, I would really appreciate it. Or just give me some insight on whether I really need them or not.

Are you talking about RHD2 vaccine? Let us know the research you are finding as that will help other buns and their parents. Was there documentation of BC or Canadian or west coast USA buns getting RHD2? No bunny parent would want their pet to get this. Understand your concerns. I have seen online articles mentioning the RHD2 symptoms showed up in east coat rabbits.

Are you talking about RHD2 vaccine? Let us know the research you are finding as that will help other buns and their parents. Was there documentation of BC or Canadian or west coast USA buns getting RHD2? No bunny parent would want their pet to get this. Understand your concerns. I have seen online articles mentioning the RHD2 symptoms showed up in east coat rabbits.
It seems that the UK and other places in Europe and also Australia tend to do the vaccines more because the diseases are a lot more common there. But I heard that Myxomatosis is rarely but still seen in the Pacific Coast in the US, and RHD and RDC are rare but have occurrences here in the US as well, which is why it makes me so nervous

The myxo and rhd vaccines are not approved for use in the US. The only vaccine available for rabbits is a pasteurella vaccine, and that isn't a common one(mostly used by a few breeders).

Though myxo and rhd can happen, occurrences are extremely rare(in the US), particularly for rhd.

Last edited:
As mentioned by JBun, there are no approved vaccines for rabbits in the US. The vaccines rabbit owners promote in the UK/Europe is commonly the RHD one.

Although there have been sparse cases in the US, there's no real progress to have a vaccine approved. As a rabbit owner in the US, your rabbit will not get vaccinated. The situation JBun mentions is new to me (pasteurella vaccine; how interesting).

Latest posts

Back