Looking for somebody to adopt a Peach Persian kitty in Toronto and area

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaS

Reaction score
My friend's mom wants to give away her cat. He is peach persian kitty. Very friendly and loving. Will drive him anywhere in the Toronto area and close cities(London).
I would hate him to end up in shelter, so if anybody is looking for a cat, please respond.

Has she tried using Petfinder or other classified ads like Craigs List? Petfinder has a free classified ads for animals in need of a home. She could also try posting something at local vets offices, some will let you do this.

Just make sure she is screening anyone who calls.

Hope this helps

Haley

A peach persian, I'd kill for one. We had one a lonnnng time ago, she did of cancer though :( Unfortunately, I live in the states, and they have very strict "NO ANIMAL/PLANT" laws for the border. And I know I don't exactly feel like getting thrown in jail for trying. Can you imagine? Knowing my luck, I'd get shoved in a cell with a murderer or something. They'd be like: "So, what did you do to get in here?". Me: "Well... I tried to smuggle a cat across the border. You know." Response: blank stare. :D

Actually Jess, Ive read that you can take animals across the MI/Canadian border!

I thought you couldnt as well, but Ive heard a lot of people do take their pet when going on vacation etc across the border..let me see if I can find any info (for future reference)

-Haley

You'd have to check the rules, but you can take pets across. They might require recent vet checks or some sort of certification. One of our members, Stephanie, moved from the States to Canada and took her rabbits. Irishmist went the otherway and moved from Canada to the US with her rabbit.

Haley wrote:
Actually Jess, Ive read that you can take animals across the MI/Canadian border!

I thought you couldnt as well, but Ive heard a lot of people do take their pet when going on vacation etc across the border..let me see if I can find any info (for future reference)

-Haley
REALLY? :shock:That would make life a heck of a lot easier. Whenever we go on vacation to the east coast, we always cut through Canada because it saves a lot of time. I was wondering what I was going to do when I move to Massachusetts next summer, because my bunny will most definitely be going with me. But, I'd rather not put him through a 16 hour trip when it really could be only 12 by cutting through. I'll check into it, too... let me know if you find anything!

Massachusetts, that's where I'm moving in abouteight months! Maybe it's a sign. I'm still looking into the borderthing, but perhaps (if I could convince my roomies) I could take thatkitty off your hands :D

Hmmm..Im not finding an actual link withanything about rabbits (I think you have to call to find out) but itdoes say cats and dogs are fine, you just need papers saying that theyhave had their rabies vaccines going back 2 years (from thevet). It says to call to inquire about others.

Baci and I had this discussion though recently, regarding transportingbunnies across the border, and she saidfrom what she hasread, itsfine. I think the main concern is that youre notbringing across any bedding (with weird bugs or something) but a rabbitin a carrier should be fine.

Jess, if you need more info when youre going to move, pm me and I canhelp you :) Im kinda swamped right now, but if I come across any moreinfo, I'll send it your way!

-Haley

Yes, I'm pretty sure Stephanie used to take herbunnies with her when she went back home for a visit...so she took themacross the border (both ways) more than once. Many people used to goback and forth between Canada and the US with their rabbits to attendshows as well. I'm not sure what a rabbit requires to get across (Ithink restrictions are tighter now than they used to be...I think whenI was researching buying a rabbit from the States a couple of yearsago, they required a health certificate, if I recall correctly), but doknow that dogs and cats have to be up-to-date on all theirvaccinations, and you have to have the paperwork from the vet's topresent at the border crossing.

Here's hoping you can be the kitty's new owner, Jess!

***Oh...I just found this link to the ARBA site, and they have a letterposted from someone about crossing the border with rabbits, in caseanyone is interested:

http://www.arba.net/monthlyarticle.htm

Latest posts

Back