Looking for some (constructive!) critisism

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentle giants

Reaction score
Ok, so my website is still a work-in-progress, but I was wondering if ya'll would mind checking it out and giving me your opinions of it. I posted it here because it does have a page on my rabbit rescue, but it is mainly my farm/goat milk products site. So if you see any thing that looks unprofessional, or think of anything to add that might make it look more attractive or whatever, feel free to let me know. Oh, and if you happen to want to cross-post or if you would like to trade links with me, let me know, I could really use the traffic!
:biggrin:

www.intothewoodsfarm.weebly.com

Hello!

First thing I noticed was the random link/gif to the poultry forum on your main page, under the prayer. Maybe organise and section information off a little more thoughtfully, so that there isn't random links or gifs or prayers scattered around the website. Navigation is of utmost importance and this can really throw people off and confuse visitors.

So maybe rethink the main page, and instead of the text/links/images just have a more appropriate description of the website, its content, purpose and the people involved. Not to say links/images aren't useful, but they must relate.

Bingo, only by investigating your site to check out the other pages did I notice you're selling milk soaps and lotions. totally something that needs to be mentioned on the main page.

Try and keep to one colour theme throughout, noticed you have an array of colours for various headings, pages. Limit typefaces to 3 variations throughout, and try to only use 1 colour (or variations of) to highlight headlines or text.

I understand you're maintaining this through a free website provider so alot of customization and editing isn't really in your hands but the layout and flow of content is.

Sorry if I've gone on a bit of a rant ('if'? I've gone on a rant) but yeah, take that on board if you wish! And if you need any graphics or any designs done just let me know and I'll be more than happy to help out.

P.S we think its really cool what you're doing and I certainly know how holly feels about baby goats so I think its safe to say she's mighty jealous

maxysmummy wrote:
Hello!

Sorry if I've gone on a bit of a rant ('if'? I've gone on a rant) but yeah, take that on board if you wish! And if you need any graphics or any designs done just let me know and I'll be more than happy to help out.
Hey, no problem, that is the kind of thing I want/need to know. Do you think moving the poultry forum link to the "Links" page would work better? And I should make sure that on the home page I at least say something about my soaps/lotions? Thanks a lot for the information from a professional standpoint, I really appreciate it!

Is there shipping info included with your products? (I just took a quick look, but didn't see it.) One thing that some websites fail to include is shipping information, such as the cost included, whether you ship internationally (and/or to Canada...something I always look for, being north of the border ;)).

Hmmm... I did have the shipping info up, but it must have gotten left out during my "remodel". Which I am still working on, BTW. Thanks for pointing that out, Bassetluv. Oh, and I will ship to Canada, but not overseas since that is a giant hassle.

Latest posts

Back