Looking for ideas on how to make a setup

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilikerabbits

Reaction score
Building a large rabbit enclosure, but at a loss of how. I've been looking through the Outdoor and Indoor Setups threads too, not much there that looks like a fit for us.
So the enclosure would be in a 3 sided shed, so no problem of wind or rain or aerial predators. The largest predator we would have to protect against is feral cats, no foxes or coyotes where I am. Just rats, stoats, ferrets, weasels and feral cats. Cold not a problem either as they would have an insulated 'house' inside the run. Needs to be a minimum of 6 square meters of floor space.
We aren't the best at building, so can't do much complicated building, but some very simple things are fine. Cost not an issue.
So just any ideas are appreciated, whether it is a kit-set for sale or just a building plan.

Do you have Instagram? There is a large rabbit community on there and I think you could get ideas visually.

I no longer have an Instagram. There was a lady who had a very large shed. She had a separate area for each bunny, typically a small furniture item to climb on, blankets and fleece.

It might be nice for there to be an outdoor play area that is covered or if you supervise. A dog run or an outdoor area for rabbits would be enjoyable. Tunnels, places to hide in etc.

No experience with outdoor housing planning personally, but in case you haven't seen it, there are lots of parameters written about, as well as sources/examples linked on Wabbitwiki: Housing - WabbitWiki

Latest posts

Back