looking for calf manna in Southern Ontario

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PamsWarren

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have two dental bunnies who are having a hard time maintaining their weight, so I've been giving them a tiny bit of calf manna each evening (both are totally addicted!). Problem is, the calf manna supply that I was given is running low, and I've not been able to find it locally. Does anyone know a place in southern Ontario (Toronto area specifically) where I can purchase this (or other manna pro) product? If no local retailers, does anyone know of a good on-line source that will ship to Canada?

Thanks from Chia and Jinx.

Do you ever cross the border to NY or MI?
I haven't a clue about local, but I always see Mana Pro and other Mana products at Walmart in the States here.... past that I cant help ya. Never looked for it in the Canadian Walmarts. Not a product I would ever find myself looking for.

You could try a feed store. Not all carry it and those that do probably only sell big bags.
You might consider contacting some local breeders. They tend to use it more than people with pets, so might know where to get it. They might even be willing to sell you a small amount so you don't have to buy a big bag.

Going down to the states can be an option, even if you have a friend who goes down on a regular basis. Breeders do travel across the border for shows as well, so might be able to pick something up for you.

Feed stores usually carry Calf Manna, but it will be in larger bags. I get small bags of it at Ace Hardware (because ours carries livestock supplies and feed) and also at Tractor Supply. Are either of these available to you? I agree that rabbits LOVE this stuff so you have to be careful not to give them very much.

I bought this product in Tractor Supply store when I discovered we had babies. Nobody ate it. Is it intended for lactating mom or growing buns? I ended up throwing it away as it was several months old (an open bag).
Is it really good product?

Is it really good product?

Honest answers to this question will come from both sides of the world.
I suggest with any food you check the ingredients and nutritional values and compare that to what the needs of your rabbits are.

PET use. VS. BREEDER use.

Oxbow vs Purina, House rabbit size cage vs Breeder size cage.

Lets not get into a debate here :)

It has a purpose, but I'm not sure that pet rabbits really need it. It's very high in protein (25%) and can be used as a supplement for lactating does. It can help with a rabbit's coat and condition and to help get an animal eating again who has gone off feed or is stressed. We found out about it when we had goats for FFA because it's used al lot with livestock.

Last edited:
Yeah, calf manna would not be something that I would typically feed to my rabbits, but I tend to make exceptions to the healthy bunny diet rules for dental bunnies. Some days, I'm thrilled that they still get excited about any food, even if it is bunny junk food. I guess by treat food standards, it at least has protein and fat for their coats, rather than sugar and carbs.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to all who offered suggestions for finding a source of calf manna in southern Ontario. Based on these posts, I did manage to find a couple of sources that are within an hours drive that sell smaller quantities. Chia and Jinx will be happy that they will continue to get their nightly tiny bit of calf manna treat. :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back