Looking for a Vet - Edmonton Area

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi:
I am just new to rabbitsonline. I have a 4 month old Checkered Giant named Kahiku who needs to be neutered soon. I do not have a vet yet - I am from Toronto originally and have no knowledge of the vets out here. Anyone have any experiences with good rabbit vets out my way? I would appreciate your feedback.
Thanks!
Jo

I go to Town Centre Vet Clinic in Millwoods. Most of the vets there are rabbit savvy but I personally like Dr. Julie King. And the vet tech named Anna is a pro at nail trims:)

Welcome to the forum!

I've taken my rabbit to a few local vets but switched to Southside vet a few years ago. I see Dr. Steele and I'm very impressed with her. At my first appt she spent a lot of time checking him out and brought things up other vets had missed(neuro issues, his gait being off and the way he sits differently). I've also seen some of the other vets when my rabbit has been sick and they were all knowledgable and very nice. I like them so much I also switched my dog to this vet, even though its on the other side of the city from me. All their staff is great and their prices are cheaper. www.southsidevet.ca

Before that my primary vet was Tudor Glen in St. Albert. Dr. Tammy Wilde was good with rabbits but it became hard to actually get in to see her when my rabbit was sick and I didn't like the other vets I ended up seeing(they didn't seem to know about rabbits). Plus I had a bad experience with them when I had to put my hamster down, so I left.

Hey thanks for the vet recommendations! I am in King Edward Park, south of Bonnie Doon so these work for me.

Thanks for the info. I went to Dr. Steele at the Southside clinic. She was knowledgeable and we have Kahiku booked for a neuter for the end of the month.
Lucky guy.:bunnybutt:

Just an update - all went well!
Having a cone on his head was not fun for him or us, but it is done and over with.

Good to hear things went well with Kahiku. Many of us (Edmonton) on this forum knows and goes to Dr Steele at the South Side Animal Hospital.

Sophie's Humble Servant, I know Dr. Julie King too. She treated Pebbles several times at the Town Centre Vet Clinic. Dr. King also works at the Edmonton Humane Society, spaying and neutering, the animals there.

The staff at Park Veterinary Clinic in Sherwood Park are also well-versed with bunnies. Dr. Michelbourg and Dr. Cox have both been exemplary in their care of our two buns.

Latest posts

Back