Looking for a harness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drakco

Reaction score
Hello all,

We have a new rabbit but the problem is that he is blind...

My wife would like to be able to bring him along with us when we go walking around.

Does anyone know where I can get a harness that is sort of like the one this dog has in the commercial ?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-YvO_k03-s[/ame]

I really want something like that but with no holes at the bottom.

Thanks in advance!

Eros.jpg

Is it wise to put a rabbit in a harness?

If it is suddenly scared, the harness could cause serious harm.

Don't get the ones that are just made from thin rope type, get the one that is wide material an wraps around the midsection. Here is one on Amazon.
Trixie Soft Harness With Lead To Fit : Rabbits

51U9YvdNS3L.jpg

edwin, their rabbit is blind. The video shows the guy carrying the dog on his person similar to the way a baby carrier may work. So I believe they are looking for a way to carry their rabbit, not actually 'harness' it.

Nevertheless, the harness you link is warned against on the following link here on RO
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/showthread.php?t=76866

I would highly suggest you go with something like what Blue Eyes posted. A stroller.
A rabbit, blind or not, will likely not enjoy being in a backpack style carrier like in that video. It is also not really designed for their anatomy. I wouldn't suggest anyone use one for a dog or cat either. These animals are not designed to be carried around like that.

There are hundreds of different designs of pet strollers out there that give your bunny enough room to move slightly, and lay down for comfort, while keeping them safe.
I would go with one that allows you to completely enclose the pet (usually with some type of netting in the front) so they don't jump out. Some dog ones do not do this, they simply have a spot for you to attach to the dogs harness. And that kind of ruins the enjoyment for the bunny since their not running around on that harness.

p-90583-76306K_009_int.jpg

Backpacks are really not suitable for rabbits, or dogs for that matter. Their bodys are not designed to be on their rumps or carried around like that. And the sling style really offers no room for them. No flat surface. Lack of safety and comfort since their basicly in a flopy sack.

You want them to feel safe and comfortable if youre taking them for a walk with you. Your best bet is an enclosed stroller or safe at home in their own cage.

I have used harnesses on my two since they were babies. You can get rabbit harnesses at pets at home or on amazonView attachment 17829

@ ravenmore, I think you might not have realized that they are looking to literally carry their rabbit in a sort of pouch/purse since it is blind.

@ Drakco, as Watermelons stated, it isn't suitable to carry a rabbit in such a carrier as the one in your video or the one in your photo. They wouldn't feel secure and could injure themselves.
The stroller would be ideal. ...rather confused on the apparent resistance to what seems like the perfect solution to what you want to accomplish -- taking your rabbit out in public in a safe manner.

We have a carry pouch because eclipse is solid muscle and heavy. Not an ounce over weight.
5857676b7ad43da5ed02a8670c407ff3.jpg

We got it on amazon and has a draw string front to hold him tight

Latest posts

Back