Looking for a breeder

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancy77

Reaction score
I wanted to find a Palomino or New Zealand breeder in the south eastern Minnesota, or in south western part of Wisconsin. I am in no hurry for another bunny but I want to include my hubby on the process. so that means meeting an adult and seeing what his thoughts are.

I want to wait at least 2 months til Jay Jays hormones change, since he is getting spayed tomorrow.

So I am looking for a girl with a soft temperament to bond with Jay Jay cuz to b honest I am not sure if Jay Jay is dominant or not, I just wanted to play it safe.

Hubby is more comfortable getting a young bunny vs a rescue. But anything can change. lol

I have been looking, but is has been a fruitless effort. I went to ARBA and most of the breeders are in IN, IL or IA well I am not too keen on driving that far to look at them. I also did look on Petfinder but nothing clicked, and I am worried driving over 2 hours for Jay Jay to have bunny dates.

So I am looking into all my options b4 I make any decisions, and who knows it might be longer than 2 months like I said I am in no hurry just exploring things right now.

Sorry to ramble...I hope this all makes sence

~thx Denise

I saw them Peg they r all about 3 hours from me. I am a chicken when it comes to long distance driving. I get lost even with the GPS lol.

I would love another Flemish but I have been seeing that the white dont have the best coat...I read that they shed so much more and are so different with coat type than the others so that concerned me. I am really drawn to white.

Palominos seem out of the question, I really like there temperament and they dont come in white :)

I saw that on ARBA the next show close to me is in March then the next Flemish show is in May. I might just wait till then.

Like I said just getting all my ducks in a row b4 I make a hasty decision.

I saw 2 real cute baby NZ does on Petfinder in Madison,WI but the worries there are that in 2 months they wont be there, they r 3.5 hours from me, and since they only have 2 will Jay Jay want they 4 a girlfriend??

I showed the Petfinder does to John tonight...I said ya wanna go to Madison, he says I would if I wasnt hunting lol But I am not quite ready yet.

So many questions and concerns I have to figure out. b4 I can do anything, those ducks need to be in a row lol they r all over the place right now lol I dont wanna mess anything up ya know. Make sure the new bun and Jay Jay r happy even if I cant bond them...which is also another thought.

Latest posts

Back