Looking for a Breeder

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zarathustra

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about getting another bun. I currently have a very social, very fashionable, cosmopolitan mini-rex named Mrs. Sniffles (Check out her blog http://mrssniffles.blogspot.com/ ).

I am looking for a mini-lop or a holland lop -- as a companion. No one should be an only child!! ha!

Does anyone know of any good breeders on Long Island or North Jersey?

There is a rabbit show on April 1 at the Old Bethpage Restoration Village on Long Island. Maybe someone who has mini lops will be going.However, you would need to get ahold of a breeder and arrange something as we are not allowed to advertise rabbits for sale at this show. However, can't hurt to ask.

Sharon

Thnx everyone.

Old Bethpage show was were I first met Mrs. Sniffles and her brother and sister. YAY. (She came from Kathy at Sunny Oaks. I soooo still want a flemish, but I can't have that big of a cage in the apt.)

I will scour the web ring and see what i can see.

If you're not looking for breeding stock, can you check with you local shelters? There are probably lots of Lops of all ages and kinds desperately looking for homes.

Maybe this should be moved into the Rescue forum. ;)

Please don't flame me.

The only way I would adopt is if a young rabbit was there, ie. no more than 10-12 weeks. Then I am not keen on it. I have never had good luck with animals from shelters -- long stories.

I think the idea is noble and I appreciate those that do it.

I really want a rabbit who is just leaving the mother so that I can see the personality developing. Mrs. Sniffles was 5 mos when we got her and she was already her own bun. I didn't get to see her grow up.

zarathustra wrote:
Please don't flame me.

The only way I would adopt is if a young rabbit was there, ie. no more than 10-12 weeks. Then I am not keen on it. I have never had good luck with animals from shelters -- long stories.

I think the idea is noble and I appreciate those that do it.

I really want a rabbit who is just leaving the mother so that I can see the personality developing. Mrs. Sniffles was 5 mos when we got her and she was already her own bun. I didn't get to see her grow up.
We don't flame, here. :wink:

Only meant that it was worth a look to see if there were any of the age you want. Many, many shelters seem to get pregnant or nursing bunnies. There's lots to be said for adopting a bunnydirectly from its mom.

:stork:

Good luck with finding just the right rabbit whichever path you choose! :inlove:

:bestwishes

Latest posts

Back