Look at these BABIES!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess_sully

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Well... I know I was leaning towards Mini Rex, but I think I've decided to get a Satin instead. First of all, I've been in contact with the Satin breeder for almost a year now, and he's really willing to go out of his way for me, and I appreciate that a lot. I only just met the other breeder a couple weeks ago. Plus, I think having a big, red bunny is more "me" than a small one. The daddy is a bit small for a Satin, he weighs a litte over eight pounds, and the momma weighs ten. According to the breeder, the dad is the sweetest bunny he has in his barn, and the babies are showing really good temperments so far... they keep falling out of the cage because they'rereaching for attentionat feeding time!

I just got these pictures of the bucks that I get to choose from, are they not DARLING? They are 4 1/2 weeks old in these pictures, but they were taken about three weeks ago, so all these little men are now 7 1/2 weeks old. They've gotten bigger and darker since these pictures were taken... so they're a really vivid red color now, not so light. I'm either picking him up (lonnnng drive) next weekend or later. I have to match my schedule up with the breeder's first! :D I'm sooo excited!

babies2.png

babies3-1.png

babies1.png

And the Dad & Mom:

dad-1.png

mom-1.png

Those parent pictures aren't very flattering... the mom was VERY pregnant and rolly-ish, and it was cold and sunny out, poor buns. Shows how deep red the babies will be when they mature, though!

They are so beautiful! Where in MI is this breeder? I might have to think about getting one (except I think one more male rabbitin this household might be one too many) :)

Youre so lucky!

Haley

hh2420 wrote:
They are so beautiful! Where in MI is this breeder? I might have to think about getting one (except I think one more male rabbitin this household might be one too many) :)

Youre so lucky!

Haley
He has plenty of does, too! :D His name is Doug Kukulis of Snowy Acres Rabbitry and he's located south east of Grand Rapids... over three hours from me! He handles his babies from when they're nine days old, and he's the most responsible breeder I've ever met or talked to.

One more male won't KILL you :yes:! :D

haha.

thanks for the info. I'll keep him in mind. Grand Rapids is about 3 hours from me too, though I think you said youre up north, so different direction :)

One more male wouldnt kill me, but I think my oldest, Basil, might. He would hate me if I brought him home another boy. lol. I sure would like a little doe though...

I cant wait to see some pics of your new little man!

-haley

I'll be sure to shower you all with pictures, lol! What breeds do you currently have, just wondering? My parents are still a little grudgy about me wanting to get a big bunny (even though it would only be in their house for a few months, go figure!), so if worse comes to worse, I'm still consideringa Polish or Mini Rex, maybe (possibly) even a Netherland Dwarf. However, I've heard a lot of bad things about the small and dwarf breeds. I still really want a Satin! :D

you will find that you don't really notice a big bunny's size after a while. . .when herman was last weighed none of us could believe he was over 8 pounds. . .

they are very cute!

Now it's a three way tie between Champagne D'Argents, a red Satin, or a Harlequin. All large breeds, except the Harli, that's more medium. I've decided that I definitely don't want a small breed, and that's final, lol! Due to complications meeting breeders and with kindling and such... I have to wait until August now. *sigh*

what breeder has the champ.?

i know that amber rahn has champ.s. . .and she is a great person! she lives in alberta, MI (i think. . .or something like that. . .i know it is in the northern part of the LP. . .

i like champ. . .the color change is so cool to watch!

katie

Yes, Finally A good MI breeder! It'll prolly a 3 hr drive for me to grand rapids too! I can't wait to see which one you pick! They are just too cute!!

katt wrote:
what breeder has the champ.?

i know that amber rahn has champs. . .and she is a great person! she lives in alberta, MI (i think. . .or something like that. . .i know it is in the northern part of the LP. . .
Yes, the breeder is Amber Rahn... and she lives in Elmira :) You were close! She does seem like a very nice person. I love the color change too.

The Satin breeder is simply amazing. He's been so cooperative, friendly, and flexible to my schedule! I've been talking to him for a long time, and he's just a wonderful person. I've never met him in person... but he's really going out of his way for me. He's also the vice president of the Michigan Creme D'Argent club, and he's the director for most Michigan ARBA shows. Busy guy!

I'm having such a hard time deciding :?

Thanks guys :D I'll definitely pick out a good one. I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and I think I'm just going to stick with the Satin breeder. Sure, it may be a wait for young babies... but he's just been with me for so long, I'd hate to suddenly drop an email on him: "oh... sorry, I know I really had you thinking I was going to get a bunny from you, but I changed my mind after all of this time". He's too nice for that, and I've been talking to him for longer than any of the other breeders!

That's true, it'd kinda be disapointing in my point of veiw if I was the breeder, if you acted like you really liked them, but then you decide the opposite. =) I am glad you are stikin with the breeder, his babies are gorgeous. <3

Latest posts

Back