Long time no see!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
Just popped in to say hello. I don't know if anyone remembers who I am anyway.

I moved house last weekend, now I'm in this funny little 1 bedroom flat. It's so pokey after being in a proper 3 bedroom house...there is a toilet in the bathroom! And the washing machine and drier go in the kitchen. It's 3 flats and I have the end one, so I've got a teeny little yard.

I'm in a part of town that I'm completely unfamiliar with and it's both fun and scarey...I've yet to really leave the house, will try and do that today. I'm much closer to the city and the traffic is insane.

I start studying next month on the 6th for my diploma in computing and network support. I'll be all microsoft certified bla bla bla. My family keep telling me that I'll be an IT (I.T person). Cousin IT seems to be my new name. All the people at the academy are much younger and cooler than me, and I haven't seen any other women there at all :nerves1.

Michelle

P.S I hope everyone else here is doing well...please stop by this thread and tell me what's new with you, I'd love to hear!

I'm relatively new here - started posting in December 2008... glad to hear another lady is in the IT field - the IT folks we have at school are mostly ladies. :)

Welcome back!

Denise

NZminilops wrote:
Just popped in to say hello. I don't know if anyone remembers who I am anyway.
Of COURSE I remember you!! You've been so missed! I'd been thinking of you just recently and hoping you were ok....

:hugsquish::hug1:group:

Congrats on the college course, and I'm sorry to hear you find yourself in a strange part of town.... I hope you'll settle in and feel more at home soon... (Not much new with me apart from wedding planning and trying not to be dizzy lol...)

It's great to see you back here again! Please stick around! :hug:

Michelle, your back! Yay! It's great to see you around again :wave:I finally came to Auckland haha, first time ever! Good luck with your IT course, do us women proud :p

Michelle! :D
Glad to see you around! Good luck with your course, show those men how it's REALLY done! ;)

Not much new around here, same old same!

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
I know you live in New Zealand....but what's so strange about a toilet in the bathroom? lol.

Emily
A very minimal amount of homes have loo's in the bathroom but it's rare haha, this is my first house out of many I've lived in that actually has one...It's kinda foreign to us haha.

Good to see you...I too work in the IT field...dunno about there, but here it was alot of fun proving myself in a male dominated field. At this point I'm pretty burnt out I work alot of stupid hours and am on call all the time. If it weren't for the hours I'd like it alot more. The work itself is ok...it's that other I hate.

Hope you do well w/ it, I been doing this for almost 10 years now....I hope you enjoy it...it is ever changing if you like that. :)

Hello! Woohoo nice to hear from you guys - I miss the bunny world so much!

In most pre-2000's houses in NZ, the toilet is in it's own room. It just seems an odd concept to me to poop where you brush your teeth :p. Or if someone is in the shower, you have to wait to use the toilet.

I'm not by myself but my partner and I have had some relationship issues so we are living together as friends right now. He's doing the same course as I am.

It was so nice to hear from you people, thanks so much :biggrin2:

Hey Michelle! Welcome back! :)

Lol! All of the houses I've lived in have toilets in their bathrooms! It seems so normal to me!

i actually was thinking of you! but i dont really know you either. lol
hope you enjoy your new area!!!

PepnFluff wrote:
Michelle, your back! Yay! It's great to see you around again :wave:I finally came to Auckland haha, first time ever! Good luck with your IT course, do us women proud :p
And you didnt stop by to say hi!

Good to hear you're back! I've also been wandering where you've been.
How's the dear bunny going?
Congrats on the course by the way.
Which part of Auckland are you in now?
North Shore by any chance ;)

Got a new dog? Is that news lol, in other wise "nm"

See you round

Glad your back had not seen that cute bunny picture around the forum for a while.

We have toilets in our bathroom it would be weird to me not to have one.

Nothing new in my world just a foster litter of kittens check out my blog you can see all the pictures

When I lived in Austria, it wasn't unusual for the toilet to have it's own room. It seems inefficient to me not to have the sink, shower and toilet in the same room. I can't remember, is the sink in the room with the toilet or with the shower? In any case, if anyone has to pee while someone else is in the shower, they can just wait 5 minutes until the bathroom is empty. I always tell Paul if I'm going to take a shower so he can go if he has to.

Latest posts

Back