LONG ROAD TRIP ADVICE

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan223

Reaction score
Hi guys, so I'm about to make a 24 hour road trip over 3 days with my bunny. Long story short due to coronavirus I have 2 months off between graduating college and starting my job and I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO go home to my parents house across the country. this is not an option, I have nowhere else to live. it is too hot (and unsafe) for her to fly as cargo, and all the airlines that normally would let her fly in the cabin with me have cancelled all flights to where i need to go bc corona.

What can I do to make the drive more tolerable for her? We have done an 8 hour drive before which she did fine on. she wouldn't eat or drink while the car was moving and didn't really poop the whole time but would eat hay whenever I stopped the car and started pooping right after the drive was over. I was planning on giving her pellets in the morning and whenever we stop for breaks (she usually will want pellets at all times). I keep her in a crate with hay and keep her out of the sun to the best of my ability. any advice appreciated! I will make frequent stops etc, just super worried about the back to back driving

I regularly do 12+ hour drives with my two buns and it typically goes really well. If 8 hours was ok for your bunny, she should be alright. I always make sure mine have unlimited hay and water all-day, their litter box, and a soft toy that goes everywhere with them. When we've had to stop for the night I make sure they stay somewhere quiet and cool (I'm always paranoid they'll get too hot). Mine get treats and pets every time we stop for gas and I make sure to put on music that I think Willa likes from time to time (she's never told me directly, but there are a few songs she purrs when they come on, including the Relaxing Rabbit music on Spotify, which I play for them all the time at home)
Have fun and have a safe trip!

I also offer treats like spinach to keep them eating and make it a fun adventure

Latest posts

Back