long poops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elenaw

Reaction score
Hello
I posted on here about my rabbit having digestive ileus, stasis.He is eating more now and is more active, but I have noticed that instead of doing small round poops, he is doing long poops.
Any suggestions?
thanks

Are you sure the long poops aren’t cecotropes? These are the poops that your rabbit eats straight from his bottom to get nutrients. They look sort of like raspberries... 😂However, if they are just normal poops but longer than normal, I would call your vet and see if this is common after stasis and try to find out what it is. I hope your bun will be ok!

Hello
No they are not cecotropes haha, they are like the normal ones but longer, today they seem to be getting back to normal and seems a bit more actice. Fingers crossed, he still isnt eating much hay though, so I have ordered two types of hay online to see if that is the problem
Thabks everyone

After a rabbit has had GI stasis, it can take a few days(sometimes longer) for their poop, eating, and behavior to get back to normal. It isn't unusual to see poop abnormalities those first few days, like mucous covered poops and poop that is irregular in shape and size, because of the severe irritation that has occurred to the rabbits digestive tract. But if the poop gets worse like turning into watery or pudding like diarrhea, and/or your rabbits condition deteriorates, contact your vet immediately as these could be indications of an emergency situation.

Latest posts

Back