Long overdue update on Buggs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blwinteler

Reaction score
The abscess persists. It has been over a year now. He struggles with eating hay, though he still tries. He eats pellets fine and adores his raisins. We did a photo shoot recently. I'll share one of the pictures, though the rest I hope to submit to some magazine or other. For it, I got him a harness and leash and took him to a park. He LOVED it. I didn't let him eat near as much grass as he wanted because I worry about pesticides. I know I'll lose him relatively soon, but did not want to make it even sooner. On Wednesday, I took him to visit my niece's second grade students. He got lots of love and got to hop around the class (on his leash, of course). I didn't get any pictures because I was busy reading to the kids (by the way, I HIGHLY recommend the book The Forgotten Rabbit to teach little ones about caring for a bunny and not abandoning it). Anyway, he is still very happy and otherwise healthy. It is time to change up his antibiotic again because his abscess came back much faster after the latest drain. I don't have the money right now because I took him in so recently. For the drain and new meds, it will be about $100. I also don't like getting his chin cut open so often. Once a month is hard enough on him, and I last took him in only a couple weeks ago. I'll get him in as soon as I can, of course. Meanwhile, I'll keep medicating and keep giving him a ton of love. Already, I know he has lived probably a year longer than he would've if he hadn't been rescued from the shelter. And he really is the happiest, most loving rabbit.

You can see the picture from the photoshoot here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qa2wdsxygpbl597/0409 Brandy and Bunny-32.jpg?dl=0

Latest posts

Back