Loki just ate an M&M!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My advice would be to callyour rabbit savvyvet and tell them what happened and fine out if it's a bad thing.

I would htink it would be ok. Chocolate is poisonous to rabbits but Iwould not think that one M&M would do it. I think a build up ofa lot of chocolate over a period of time or a big piece of chocolate atonce would be harmful but not a single M&M. However, that is myopinion and I am in no way a vet or experienced with this. That's why Isuggest you call your vet and find out how severe it is for a rabbit toeat one M&M.

I do believe it'smostly dark chocolatethat's toxic, and it's a good bet that M&M's don't contain alot of it.

I really wouldn't worry, although do keep an eye on him.

Silly bunny!

sas et al

Pipp wrote:
I dobelieve it'smostly dark chocolate that's toxic, and it's agood bet that M&M's don't contain a lot of it.
Well you can buy dark chocolate M&M's, but only in the states.Anyways, I didn't know that but I think a single M&M is fine aslong as it isn't a regular occurance and after seeing how worried youappear, I doubt Loki will ever find another stray piece of chocolate!

One M&M won't hurt anything (might havea slight laxative effect). Be sure that Loki can get intoanymore M&Ms
828.gif

Pam

Yes, milk chocolate is fine for dogs,and I assume for rabbit. What you have to be careful or is darkchocolote and cooking chocolate. My friend's dog ate an entire bag ofm&ms which she left on the counter and she was freaking out andrushed the dog to the emergency vet only to discover that milkchocolate is fine.:D

Milk chocolate is not safe for animals, it justhas less of the toxin in it than dark chocolate or baker'schocolate. If a dog ate a whole bag of M&M's, I'drush him to the vet too.

Milk chocolate is definitely not safe.It's just safer than dark chocolate. As Naturestee said, it doesn'tcontain as much toxins as dark chocolate but that doesn't mean itdoesn't contain any toxins.

Thank you all for your replies. I've beenwatching Loki closely for any changes and he seems like the same happygo lucky bun. No watery poos or anything. I think I got lucky thistime. There will definitely be no more M&M throwing contests inthe living room anymore. :disgust: I really thoughtI had gotten them all. Sneaky sneaky wabbit!:nono

Thanks again everyone!

Latest posts

Back