Lobster anyone?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Husband tried to cook a lobster tonight.......Lobster fought back......Jason screamed like a girl......Fraggles and Muppet thumped there feet.......Lobster now living in second salt water set up.......Had chinese food for dinner.

Do your spouses cook??? :/

I don't think I could ever cook lobster, so I don't blame him.
I can't play God like that - one of the big reasons my snakes eat frozen thawed.

LOL the lobster and Tattoo can't live together. Tattoo can't live with anything. I was preparing a 55 gallon salt setup for a magestic angel..... But now its home to this lobster in our room. Jason is in there right now telling his crustation how sorry he is..... :nosir:

This whole thread just made me die with laughter... Thank you Katie! Jason sounds like such a character.

Oh, and may I suggest Sebastian as a name for the lobster? I know he was a crab... but still.

Rock Lobster LOL!!!!!!
A few years ago I decided that whenever Jason did something "bad" I would referre to him as "unpleasant". Its a way to not emotionally degrade my spouse while still expressing my displeasure. Tonight Jason is very VERY UNPLEASANT!

Have caught (while scuba diving) and cooked lobsters. They do fight, but boy do they taste good. And you want to stop your heart, there is enough cholesterol in these little critters than you can shake a stick. So maybe Jason was smart to put it in a tank instead of both of you chowing down.

All kidding aside, they will fight because they know. And those claws, baby they hurt. Just as much underwater as on land.

So now you have a pet? That's the way to do it.

Hope you enjoyed your Chinese. For me, no thanks.

K :)

I couldn't cook anything I met while it was alive either. Particularly cooking it STILL alive!

I think he is your new pet, love the name Rock Lobster!

Had he ever tried cooking lobster before? I don't suggest he tries it again. It's a very good thing you had the tank ready.

Ya my magestic angel tank! :(
Had he ever tried to cook it before??? Lol NO! Jason can't cook spaghetti-o's. But every once in awhile he gets this idea that he is gonna cook for me. He thought he would make pasta with lobster sauce. Stupid Rock lobster!

But if you really want to try it again, the water should really be boiling hard. But since I assume the claws aren't tied up, it sounds like a pet to me. lol

I think you should name it Pinchy, like the lobster in 'The Simpsons' that Homer got but couldn't go through with cooking and kept as a pet :p Of course until he gave Pinchy a bath in water that was too hot lol!

To keep a lobster properly you'll need a chiller as they are cold water animals. Room temp is too warm long term.

I used to have a blue crayfish that I named Mr. Pinchy after the Simpsons episode.

Good luck with your new pet!

Man, you're so lucky! One of my fantasies has actually been to have a pet lobster and call it Pinchy (also after the Simpsons, uncreative but just so cute). I have no idea where it came from, but one of these days...

Latest posts

Back