Little Miracles Rabbit Rescue (EDIT: STOP THE NEGATIVITY!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then why have the valid entrys and pictures-Ya know ya cant go both ways as my attnys told me about my continuence.

Please let us know if you want to scrap ALL the posts and pics or you are just helping to and harrassing the few?

christinelea1 wrote:
Yes MAAM! I AM so sorry and I agree .Still would like to know if KC is entertaining this site is all.
No she is not. I believe she registered as a member a long time ago, but is not active and hasn't been for a number of years.

THE FOLLOWING IS MY PENDING REBUTTAL TO THE ACCUSATIONS AGAINST KRISTIE CORSON AND HER LITTLE MIRACLES RABBIT RESCUE.
MY COMMENTS ARE IN RED ITALICS.

---------------------------------

http://www.ripoffreport.com/directory/Christine-Corson.aspx

Christine Corson of Little Miracles Rabbit Rescue LMRR, Bunny Rescue, Little Miracles, Little Miracles RR, Kristie Corson, Kris Corson donation fraud, animal abuse, tax fraud, lies, scam, exploitive animal hoarder. Atco, New Jersey *Consumer Comment...

Verified Author: North Port Florida I want to make the public aware of the animal abuse, neglect, and donation fraud perpetrated by the president of Little Miracles Rabbit Rescue, Christine "Kristie, Kris" Corson. I was a former volunteer in one of the higher positions at LMRR when it was located in Northport Fl. I saw first hand many things the public needs to know.

Rebuttal Disclaimer: I am a rabbit care professional (as the owner of a large rabbit care and behavior forum). I also rescue rabbits. I have never spoken with Kristie Corson nor have I had direct communication with her over this matter although I have seen almost all her posts on the Internet and I have seen the posts from her detractors and researched the accusations. I’m posting a rebuttal as an expert in the field.

The Animal Abuse:

-The "rescue" building was a detached 2 car garage in poor condition.

It was indeed a “rescue”, no need for quotations. Most rescues run on limited funds, are housed in older buildings, garages, basements, sheds and warehouses and are rarely pristine.

-The ONLY running water was a hose outdoors. There was no hot water and all bottle were filled there.

This may have been abusive to the volunteers who needed to use the hose, but I assure you, the rabbits really didn’t feel abused by this.

-The air conditioner was often broken or not properly working. In the SW Florida summer heat, with no AC the temp would rise to around 100 degrees F. A cheap fan shifted air but that was it.

Rabbits are ‘air cooled’, like an old Volkswagen. They release body head mainly through their breath. A fan to dissipate the hot air so they don’t re-inhale it is just as efficient (and many will argue preferable) to air-conditioning.

-It was ALWAYS dark unless a volunteer was there. Corson did not allow lights on, even during the day and had the small windows covered so that the public could not look in and see the horrible conditions on the inside.

The domestics found in US rescues are European rabbits, which live in underground burrows. They will come out for an hour or two usually twice a day to eat and frolic. Assuming the volunteers come in once or twice a day and turn the lights on, this was not a hardship for the rabbits. (For the record, no rabbits in shelters and few in rescues have regular access to sun and grass, neither does the average very spoiled house bunny).

-Dead animals were thrown into the freezer and later buried in the back yard.

Not sure what the alternative is here? Stuff them? Leave them in their cages? Even if a rabbit is being sent to a veterinarian for a necropsy, they need to be refrigerated or frozen. Cremation is expensive, burying them in the yard is a viable option. Necropsies are not needed if the cause of death is already known, and often inconclusive

-Food was often not available, and Corson would become cross and berate all volunteers who repeatedly questioned her until the volunteers bought food themselves.

This sounds like a personal disagreement, but not abuse. If the rabbits were truly starving, this would have been at the top of this list. Reading between the lines, I suspect Ms. Corson was hoping for or expecting support in this area from the volunteers, who in turn thought Ms. Corson should be responsible for this on her own. (For the record, the volunteers traditionally supply at least some of the food with my rescue).

-The animals were NEVER given fresh produce at the Fl location unless a volunteer brought it, or there were cameras and Corson getting attention.

Produce is often donated by produce retailers and distributors and having volunteers picking it up is a duty often listed on rescue ‘to do’ lists. And bunnies munching on greens is a great photo opp. Pellets can be quickly consumed before the shots are done, and getting them to eat hay on cue isn’t as easy.

-Rescued animals frequently escaped and bred one another, some who were there for months. Nearly all babies DIED who were born at LMRR.

This may be irresponsible (which begs the question, did the volunteers not keep them secure, either?), but hardly abuse. (The word ‘frequently I’m sure would be argued, I seem to recall the rescue’s blog alluding to two or three litters over many years). The mortality rate can be high for babies, especially if they’re not intentionally bred and the pregnancy is unexpected.

-Corson BOUGHT her Flemish giant "mascot" rabbits from a breeder but lied and said she rescued them and took public donations for them. One of whom, Maya, was impregnated by a rescue rabbit months later and gave birth, yes your donations paid for the needs of all of those baby rabbits.

A long-standing argument in rescue is whether rabbits being kept in poor conditions should be purchased in order to ‘rescue’ them. This is one of those agree to disagree differences that can never be called right or wrong. It is certainly not abuse. Neither is choosing to pay for a rabbit you're fallen in love with. Rabbits pregnancies in rescue are not uncommon because they are really only old enough to be spayed and neutered when they’re old enough to breed. Sometimes the realization they’re old enough comes just a little too late! They are also often mis-sexed, even by vets. (For the record, my rescue mascot is a mis-sexed Flemish bought from somebody who was selling him for meat. Sue me).

-Corson PURCHASED many pure bred animals who the volunteers were charged with caring for. Some actually lived in the rescue garage. They included a goat, chinchillas, lops, 3 small rabbits, 2 rats, 2 Akitas, a cat, and a Flemish Giant, Hailey, who lived in a dark filthy back room alone.

Ms. Corson likely thought these animals all needed help. If they didn’t need help but the volunteers resented caring for them, this is grounds for being ‘disgruntled’, but again, nothing even remotely related to abuse.

-No matter how many animals were in the rescue garage, sometimes in cages stacked 3 high, Corson kept bringing animals in. Among ourselves we often said these animals needed rescuing from the rescue.

Shelters and rescues routinely stack cages, I’m sure the rabbits really don’t care if they’re stacked. Yes, I’m sure the disgruntled volunteers talked among themselves. A lot.

-At one time all of the rabbits had horrible flea issues, bald spots and all from the irritation. There were also many animals with worms. When asked to treat them she yelled about money and belittled us for not buying the medication.

Key words, “at one time.” It only takes one animal coming in with fleas to infest the herd, and they will show signs of the infestation before they’re gone. (Even the Four Seasons can get bed bugs). Worms are found in almost all rabbits rescued outdoors. Most are not an immediate threat and can wait until meds are donated or funds are on hand for purchases. Rescuers and volunteers don’t always agree on treatments, common argument in rescue.

-The total number of rabbits in the garage was between 80-100.

Most main rescues here have this same number.

-Later Corson took in a bunch of guinea pig, hamsters and need supplies to sell. She refereed to them as "pure profit"

Not sure what this means, maybe they were cheap to feed and/or easy to adopt out for a decent adoption fee? Can’t think of a scenario where this would be abusive or criminal.

-When I first started many animals, including Corson's own pets had severe urine scalding, nails so long the animals couldn't walk, mats, fleas, wounds, eye and ear infections, and were scared and unsociable.

Rescued rabbits very often come in with such ailments. The photo posted falls under the milder end of the scale, a rabbit can look like that two or three days into a urinary tract infection. Rescuers can fall ill or have family or personal emergencies. Rescuers depend on volunteers to help with their care and suffer through periods when nobody’s available or they’ve walked out in a huff. Sometimes disgruntled volunteers show up when asked but instead of helping, they take pictures.

-Corson would purposefully deny special care or help or good ideas for the rescue if it was the good idea of another.

This sounds personal, differing opinions. Bruised egos, not bruised rabbits. Not abuse.

-Corson threatened to kill all of the rabbits when she was upset with personal issues.

The rabbits were probably up for euthanization before Ms. Corson rescued them. Being overwhelming/sick and threatening/whining about not continuing with the rescue would mean taking them to a shelter where they’d likely be put down. It’s a short surrendering = killing them leap. But we’ve all threatened to kill someone or something in our lives. (My rabbit just are my phone charger, she’s been subjected to all manner of death threats).

-There is FAR more, but these are important notes.

If these are the important ones, it’s Corson by a landslide. There is NOTHING about rabbits starving, injured or dying, no emaciated rabbits. The photos posted shows full litterboxes, mild urine scald and a urine-soaked floor outside the cages – the latter a sign that the rabbits are getting run time and not always cooped up. (They will always urinate in front of the other cages to establish territory, Twenty cages on the ground = 20 puddles x 10 rabbits loose between clean-ups = 200 puddles = a urine-soaked floor. The pictures show that the white rabbits paws are white and not urine stained, a sign that the cages are kept clean. Continuing exposure to urine will quickly stain their feet. The photos also ook like the majority of rabbit rescues in terms of rabbits, cages and space in spite of captions about hoarding.

Donation Abuse:

-Many times I witnessed Corson use funds from the "rescue card" to pay for her own things. Food, party supplies, supplies for her own pets, and personal bills. She was shameless and always had a crafty way of explaining it.

I’d hazard a guess you’re not mentioning instances of Ms. Corson using her own funds to pay rescue-related costs. Party supplies can mean event supplies, a common fundraising expenditure. (Isn’t a ‘crafty’ way of explaining is a good thing?)

-Corson would raise tons of money for a project that never came to be. She just kept the money, never refunding or giving the people what they wanted. People calling about their memorial brick, tee shirt, sponsored bunny or other undone contribution would be berated and blocked from calling her or emailing.

Rescues will attempt to raise funds for an idea or project all the time and if not enough funds are raised, the idea isn’t implemented and the funds are redirected to another project. If the donors have a problem with this, it’s up to them to complain, and not a group disgruntled ex-volunteers. After reading the voluminous material presented by this group for years, I don’t recall seeing a complaint from a third-party donor.

-When given cash, Corson put it in her pocket or purse, did not record it and never put it to the rescue. Often in the same day, you would see her purchase something totally unnecessary with the same cash.

When somebody hands me cash, I put it in my purse or pocket, I think this is pretty common! In a statement below, you say Ms. Corson was the only one with access to the books, so how do you know it wasn’t recorded? “Necessary” is subjective.

-Corson often told people and advertised being a 501c3 non profit, she NEVER has been, but collected funds as such.

Again, people expecting a tax-deductible receipt should be the ones to complain and there is no evidence of any such complaints. The IRS doesn’t take these things lightly thus I doubt your version of these events.

-Corson took donations at least 2 times that I know of for the 501c3 filing cost but they were never filed.

There is a note on Ms. Corson’s site or blog that references the rescue having to reapply for a different level of tax exemption that has a higher filing fee. I suspect this is another normal procedure you’re trying to twist into a ‘crime’.

-Corson instructed us to "lie" and "make up" info asked for in the 501c3 application.

I’m sure had the details been anything more than ‘fudging’, this person would have noted this ‘crime’ as well.

-Corson had many people donate items for yard sale benefit sales and kept what she wanted for herself.

How do you know she didn’t pay for them? I have yet to see a rabbit rescue or shelter at this level capable of having more income than output.

-Corson raised money to pay her mortgage saying the rabbits needed it because she had spent too much money on a large tattoo.

This is the mortgage on the rescue building I assume? If all you can muster in a ‘spending rescue funds on herself’ accusation is paying for a tattoo, however large, it sounds like you’re REALLY scraping the bottom of the barrel.

-Corson has many different fundraisers going at once, in an effort to defraud the public

Just maybe the different fundraisers are to fund the rabbit rescue? This is the usual MO for a well-run non-profit.

-NO ONE has access to the books and money in the account except for Corson and every now and then a few close friends are given the card to buy stuff.

Then, as above and again below, how can you accuse her of not logging all the funds and cheating on her taxes? You can’t have it both ways.

-Corson has a small store at the rescue where she sells items, she claims none of them and gives out no receipts.

See above.

-Corson lies on her taxes, and NOTHING you give can be written off.

See above.

IN SHORT, I want to ask that you PLEASE donate to a reputable rescue and report to the IRS any suspicious dealings that you have had with Christine "Kristie" Corson, her parents, or the boyfriend that helps enable all of this, Justin Evans.

It sounds like Ms. Corson and the rabbits have a good support network with her parents and boyfriend giving her a hand. There is absolutely nothing here to indicate abuse by Ms. Corson.

I am writing this to whomever was indeed able to post at the closed LMRR(Rescue ME) Topic

I dont know how anyone can say they have seen all her posts online-she has so many aliases noone has been able to keep count and also has conversations with herself for ppl to read(See Case Study on FB), also not mentioned here is this reckless rescuers leaving not one but TWO states where up to 300 animals were the first time-these animals were sick and unvetted-dieing and left w/ her unknowledgeable Mother(her words not mine) and then moving to Florida started the same thing and did the same thing leaving many of these animals in that "heat-filled"garage in filthy conditions....again after "rescueing" up 300 bunnies even BUYING Hampton "Spokesbunny" from a breeder claiming he was a very sick boy RESCUED by her(to help bring in donations) His pedigree is also posted online as is the statement from the breeder he was purchased from.
I know the volunteers have been very negative-but the case study FB page shows facts and one really must try and understand that when you treat ppl badly and they see death and sickness not being taken care of time and time again and are forced to bring in food so the animals they are VOLUNTEERING to care for can eat-sorry-I would be mad too and say some bad things.
It cant be all wrong when ppl from 2 different states-23 of I have talked to SO FAR have all the same stories on Coron and LMRR.
If it was one of two disgruntles volunteers I'd say well better ck further into things but these are ppl that befriended Corson thru volunteering and over 10 years time!
They pictures indeed tell a story of reckless endangerment of animals living miserably....some prob would have been better off PTS than suffering the pain they did before dieing!
Oh and that does not even begin to touch the fraud with donations that hardworking ppl sent FOR BUNNIES that she herself is on a YouTube video saying "her three facial peircings" are thanks to those donations!
Not to mention the lies-Oh my gosh too many to document-not one thiing that comes from her mouth can be l;ooked at as totally true.
And if she has used her own moneys for the care of the many many that have been in her care-wouldn't that require some kind of job.
Your rebuttal comes from a place that lacks knowledge and facts. I am sorry.
There is so so much documentation out there I cant imagine writing what you did if you looked around at the facts.
Oh and you do not mention b/c of lack of research LMRR as of Monday has been issued a Cease and Desist and are closed by the Health Dept in that town. She, Kristy Corson, cannot take in any more animals and she cannot adopt ANY out without a certified health document from a licensed vet!
Also not mentioned here is the recent adoption of several rabbits with syphyllis which ran around LMRR untreated though Koprson was well aware of the rabbits having it(this is comfirmed BY HER VET).
Thats all I have to say.
I am not wasting my time going to copy and Paste the order from the Health department b/c I figure if you start looking around and researching LMRR(and for that issuance) you might learn facts about the place you quite frankly as of right now are blind to.
Respectfully, ChristineLea
CritterCafeRescue

Can you post a link to this FB Case Study page. In doing a search, there are way too many results to narrow it down. I would be interested in reading it.

BTW.....LMRR is not closed down. Kristie met with the health department this morning, delivered the "plan review" that was missing from her documenation and is still very much in business.

Effective May 12, 2011, the Camden County Health Department issued a CEASE AND DESIST order to Christine "Kristie" Lynanne Corson, for the business Little Miracles Rabbit Rescue. The legal paperwork regarding this issue has been sent to Corson's residence. Until and IF Corson complies to the demands the health department and their multiple subsequent inspections, she is to follow the following directives:

-CHRISTINE LYNANNE CORSON & LITTLE MIRACLES RABBIT RESCUE IS NOT TO TAKE IN ANY MORE ANIMALS OF ANY KIND FOR ANY REASON

-ANY ANIMAL LEAVING THE PREMISE MUST HAVE A COMPLETE AND LEGAL CERTIFICATE OF HEALTH FOLLOWING EXAMINATION BY A LICENSED AND UP TO DATE VETERINARIAN SAYING THE ANIMAL IS HEALTHY AND FREE OF DISEASE.

To confirm this report call the Camden County Health Department at (856) 374 - 6026

Do you have a copy of the actual document? You are just repeating hearsay from FB. I spent a good 20 minutes searching for in online (including the county's FB page and official health department page) and can't find it. To the best of my knowledge, no one has been able to document this claim.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_204611632886256&id=226788337335252#!/home.php?sk=group_204611632886256

I am only the messenger here.
I KNOW these peopple are very upset and negative BUT as I said after being put thru what they were, seeing what they saw, being treated how they were treated-I WOULD be mad too.
They are under all the anger just out to get help for the many animals again in harm's way.
Look meaness is a part of human nature and we all have it...
If you read just a small amount of the way these ppl were treated you'd act out twards your abuser too...its like PostTramaticStressDisorder.
They arent going to give up and they are not going away until their message is heard and these animals get protection from LMRR founder.
I DO think alot of the anger "SCREAMING" could stop but I just want to say I understand it!
hey you think I was an ANGEL when the Muskegon Police brought the seven bunnies with their ears cut off?
WOAH!!
You should have heard MY BIG MOUTH!!(And for over a YEAR later even.....
I was only trying to get justice for the bunnies but my emotions seeing these babies just inferiorated me to where I could not hardly hold a conversation with the Prosecutor handling the case.

I posted a direct number for them as the Doc was served only yesterday.Please call it.(Thats why I posted it...) Here it is again just in case you missed it maybe..(856) 374 - 6026

Thanks for the link Christine. I thought I would see something new, but it's the same small group regurgitating the same old stuff.

Since I can't post on any of the many pages that BJ has, perhaps you can address an issue with them. If their continual attacks and harrassment do manage to shut them down (which is unlikely) - what's going to happen to the rabbits? Are you or any of the small group of people involved going to take them in? Or is this group going to facilitate the euthanization of all the rabbits. Just wondering.

I continue PRAYING and trying to tell everyone trying to shut the place down that THOSE BUNNIES AND ANIMALS THERE ARE THEMOST IMPORTAND AND FIRST AND FOREMOST.Please make sure all the ducks are in a row to care for these innocent pets so everybun and the others pets do not go from bad to worse.This is my main concern and thank you for being THE ONLY OTHER PERSON TO ADDRESS THIS ASIDE FROM ME!YOU ROCK and again my heartfelt thanks!
I have put together several places that continue to wait for word,we all want to help though the more she takes in the more impossible that may be.
Too a huge concern is this, the syphillis...We keep TRYING to find out if the bunnies were ALL treated including those adopted that came bk(after diagnoses)...We have confirmation o0f the outbreak and diagnoses and the then adoptions that should not have taken place but the only one that can confirm treatment is that vet-she confirms syphillis through an adopter but she will nmot, prob can not let anyone know about treatment.
I have asked several ppl with documentation to please show up hear with proof MINUS attitude.
I know if you post at PAU and ask with honest concern as I did, oh, you will get documentation of all FACTUAL INFO.
They are a nice group of folks but so sick and tired of being sick and tired over not being heard about many many faults at this LMRR.
As I posted earlier...there are too many ppl from too many differing states that have the same story-ALL of them cannot be called liars ortelling BS accounts.
They came together from luck and care-ON FB- (HA! Wow the power of the net is something isnt it?)...Well and ALl of them said we will NOT let these naimals down once again...plz reach out and talk to them if you care to....Lookif they did not care they would not have maintained this thing for so long and see now-they are getting down to business as the Health Dept is the first step in all this after the confiramtion of the syphillis outbreak.

Sorry, didn't realize this thread was still locked. Although it will be locked again if christinelea continues to spam the thread. ;)

Christine, I love you, you've got an awesome heart, but either these people are playing you or you're just too emotional to do your research and take a good look at the actual facts.

Syphilis in rabbits is very common and only a minor concern. It's only spread through the birth canal and sexual contact, it usually only manifests as painless, mildly crusty skin around the eyes, nose and vent areas, and it is EASILY cleared up with a single shot of penicillin.

There is NO emergency health issue here, sheesh!!

I'm deleting a lot of this post because I've repeated myself. Stick to this.

Is the world really better off without this rescue?

Even if there was some discomfort from less than great conditions, were/are those rabbits better off dead?

How many have been saved? Hundreds. At least.

The attackers have called every authority possible. She's been investigated ad nauseum. There is no veterinary or protection agency documentation or proof rabbits died or suffered from neglect.

There is ample proof the rabbits are getting good care right now.

Stop this campaign.

The page that's linked lambasts Kristie for singing karaoke and sitting in a hot tub. WTF does that have to do with the health and welfare of rabbits?

Ditto with posts that you have regurgitating mentioning the father of her child and her employment status as a police officer. This is all info that Kristie has posted herself, they've just reposted with nasty captions.

What makes this worth repeating?

No rescue on the planet can come out of this kind of scrutiny unscathed. When the Camdem Dept. of Health are notified by FIVE different people complaining about the conditions, of COURSE they're going to react and investigate. But the all these people are saying right now is that the county IS investigating! Its not the county health complaining, they're responding to complaints.

They have asked the rescue to PROVE their in compliance and asked that no more animals be taken in until they do so. This is a far cry from the bull these people are spewing saying that the county health has shut them down "for filthy conditions."

The wording at worst should read 'intake and outtake of animals suspended while the county investigates the complaints'.

Christine, they could have just as easily filed complaints against you with the same result if the five decide en masse they don't like you, and that's what makes them beyond annoying, they're dangerous.

And after their ridiculously aggressive attempts to shut down the recent rescue of 80 Florida rabbits, they're a danger to the lives of the rabbits. Had they succeeded in even delaying Kristie by one day, those rabbits may well have died.

Aside from dredging up the pages and pages of personal information (which again when you strip it down and look at it, it's not bad, they just labelled it that way), they have really stepped over the line by involving the rabbits.

:X

Note that the group of detractors have created dozens of websites, pages, Facebook groups and other venues to distribute their vitriol, and they are not allowing supporters to post but they do have a wide range of aliases furthering their own cause.

Thus the pages SEEM to be 100% anti-Kristie Corson.

That said, Kristie herself rarely, if ever, even tries to post. She has consistently taken the high road and kept her nose to the grindstone, rescuing rabbits.

Here's one of my posts deleted from their sites:

Rabbits Online I forget, is Kristie Munchausen Julie or Ronnie? Or maybe Dixie or Amber, no matter. Its just that I loose track of all the aliases. Not to mention the cousins, bf's and husbands. The best comment made IMO is still the one where Patti very correctly said in response to someone referencing the 'bickering' or ‘fight’ is that “Kristie isn't fighting, she just wants them to leave her alone.”
Although understandably frustrated and subject to the odd rant, throughout the years of abusive posts from these people, Kristie has never wavered from the business at hand, rescuing the rabbits. I’ve seen a few of her posts giving her explanation of one of their insane missives, but otherwise I’d never know. She doesn’t take the (considerable) time to post rebuttals. She has stuck to the high road, preferring to just get the job done, and I respect the h*ll out of that.
Kristie has never tried to hide anything, either. She wears her life on her sleeve. The ‘ammunition’ being used by this group of thugs is most often Kristie’s own words from public forums – her doubts about her pending motherhood, a post about taking Percodan for a toothache, everyday stuff. They turn them into Kristie being an unfit mother and a drug addict, just by posting them with horrible captions. Nobody is stopping and saying, ‘hey…this isn’t rabbit abuse’.
And Kristie isn’t fighting. She just wants them to leave her alone.

This is another deleted note first posted on the RO Facebook page and deleted by Facebook.

Facebook apparently pays attention to volume, not content. Launching five complaints will get a page taken down for doing nothing more than asking these people to stop their attacks. But they in turn have dozens of pages and posts with cute titles like "Kristie Corson is a filthy pig" and they're all still up.
(I'll probably repost this to the top of the page).

-----------------------------------------------------

To the "Bunny Justice" crew (Julie Christa Stephens, Ronnie Cyr, Dixie Stone Resnick, Amber Seely Spoerl and a very few others parading under dozens of aliases), please stop posting your vitriol all over the Internet, including here.

For those of you who are friends or unsuspecting followers of these people, PLEASE research and WEIGH the information you're regurgitating. A few dirty cages and poop on the floor of a rabbit rescue is NOT abuse!! When volunteers come to feed/water rabbits, the dishes are going to be empty! An accidental litter can happen to any rescue or foster home!! A picture of a rabbit with a wet butt isn't grounds to shut down a rescue! Photos of a lot of properly housed rabbits don't show the rescuer is a hoarder no matter what the caption says! A ten-year-old incident where rabbits were re-homed is no longer relevant!! These are not 'crimes'!

And especially, letters and posts about personal issues like pregnancy and employment are totally irrelevant to rabbit rescue and you have no business plastering them all over the Internet!

The amount of effort and ugliness put into this campaign is astounding and the tactics are despicable. Its natural to 'cluck cluck' with your friends, but seriously, do you really see anything here that warrants shutting down this rescue? Please think before blindly supporting a group comprised of people with personal grudges launching ridiculously aggressive personal attacks.
This group has reported this girl to the Humane Society, the SPCA, Facebook, income tax, child services, all the media outlets, animal control, the health board, posting personal info, you name it. Very few, if any, rescues can withstand this kind of scrutiny. To Kristie's credit she has been passing a wide array of inspections brought on by this group for months (and in many cases, years) and she has survived all the attempts to derail her. What does that tell you?

It's incredibly distracting to people trying to rescue rabbits (us and Kristie included). It's alienating the entire community and putting all of us in a horribly unprofessional light with the government, media and the public.

And it's a COLOSSAL waste of energy and resources. These huge efforts should be directed to saving lives, not jeopardizing the rabbits in rescue or in need of rescue. Please rethink your involvement!

To others reading this, please ask these people to stop poisoning the rescue pool! STOP THE NEGATIVITY!!

I will be traveling to NJ on company business in mid-July and have been invited to visit the shelter along with one of their adopters. I realize this is almost two months off, but will be sure and take pics and post a review.

I'm amazed at the posts that have been deleted on the many Bunny Justice pages, while the vitriole has remained. This whole situation has gone way too far, and I am appalled that I am actually having to defend myself.

Anyone that has been my friend on this forum and other forums know who I am and what I stand for. No further explanation is necessary. BTW, PIP, did you know that you are really Kristie and she owns RabbitsOnline? LOL!

post from a group:

christinelea - OH I am so so upset after I read on LMRR about baby wilders needing help-so I temp "Liked" the LMRR page to try and help this person w/ 3 baby wilders(buns)...
I -in detail- wrote many many options he could use and the very important info you ie cannot feed KMR or baby infant form. to wilder bunnies as it will dehydrate and ultimatly kill them(GOATS milk and probios only)....she (KC)??deleted all my info left for these bunnies...NOW why...I ask thru tears-it is not about me or her but caring for these bunnies...WHY would she dlete my posts?
I am soooo mad and I am beyond sad... Now of course I am blocked(??) from posting but I did message the bunny(wilders) person personally and I have no msg bk yet so alls I can do is worry and be so mad at this freak of a human who knows NOT me but deleted the info I wrote to care for an innocent baby WILDER-why would any reasonable person do this(even tho we all KNOW she is not reasonable). I am about wanting to call her and ask her thru my tears, HOW could she be so nasty and give such awful and outright WRONG advice for caring for a baby wilder bunny?She totally did the wrong thing in order to care for or save these buns. Iwant to SOCK her in the eye at this point for deleteing the helpful info I posted to a person at her LMRR site-I did not intend it for her but I did intend it to help these wild baby buns!-I cant help it and I care NOT what any of her defamned supporters think after she would allow these baby wilders not to get care/offer the wrong care and then delete the proper care to save their very lives!-and its gotta be b/c of her own poor self asteem..

Christine, you've been slandering this woman and this rescue all over the internet and you're surprised your not allowed on her site?

This is another example about how this is hurting the rabbits. It takes cooperative care. But again, Kristie Corson is reactive, not proactive. She's not the one fighting here.

And no offense, but baby wild rabbit care is controversial and subjective. There is nothing to say that your treatment suggestions are any better than somebody else's. I can't say one is better than the other and I've researched it pretty extensively. There is no right or wrong, we all have our opinions.

Please be more tolerant (a LOT more tolerant) of what YOU see as crimes against rabbits as well as tolerant of other people's views.

sas

I have nothing to add really other than thank goodness for level headed people like Patti and Pipp! I'm so thankful this forum didn't just jump on the "Kristin is the spawn of Satan" band wagon. I used to believe the accusations against her rescue until I took a step back and really thought about it without all the hype/drama to throw me off. I also came to see the true colors of the people against her and how crazy they are.

Before you edited one of your posts, it said
The '23' people you refer to as witnesses are just the same five people (max) with aliases, boyfriends and cousins parroting their information.
Sorry, that is wrong. Maybe that's why you edited it out?

Apart from the five you refer to, I know a dozen or more others from various Yahoo groups who don't spend their time doing nothing but spamming as those handful do who you refer to, but have personally witnessed the horrors over the years and have done what they could to clean up the situation, to get bunnies out, in the distant past in NJ and then later in FL.

These are not aliases. They are real, identifyable people. They concentrate mostly on other things when they post on the groups, but mention LMRR to them, mention Kristie Corsan and they are transformed, not by vitriol but by what they have witnessed and experienced.

They don't go around making the hate mails, though the crazies do try to drag them in, do make up quotes from them. These are intelligent, reasoned people. I trust that they are being truthful. I can think of no reason why they would lie about any of this. And they are not alone, though sadly due to the lunacy of that tiny vitriolic minority, their voices are being ignored. And who is suffering because of that? The rabbits are suffering, that's who.

Latest posts

Back