Litterbox with wire floor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple of these too but I removed that top part sides are high enough for them. With lower sides my girls would often pee outside the boxes.
I also have one sifter box and it is quite good too, saves me one midweek cleaning and some wood pellets. Only it's a bit too expensive for me as I have too many rabbits.
This one, I removed that top part as well it's high enough
https://www.amazon.co.uk/4-Pets-Sco...ocphy=1007850&hvtargid=pla-564909958276&psc=1
It's not designed for wood pellets so they stuck in that yellow part but it's okay

We used to use one of those corner litter boxes, as that's what they used where I bought him. Cinnabun soon grew too big for it (bless his heart, he kept trying to squat in that thing), so I got him a bigger box and used both for a good while. Eventually I got tired of cleaning two litter pans, so I got rid of the corner box. It also helped that every time he did laps around his house, he would knock the grate off the box and throw litter everywhere. :rolleyes:

It was a process discovering which box would work for everybunny/one but I eventually got the highest walled cat litter box I could find. Any shorter and the little jerk will hang his butt off the side and pee on the floor, so I'm guessing he wanted the high walls too. This is what we ended up with.

cUUEOvN.png

We use Yesterday's News, or a generic, which locks in the litter smell better than any litter I've ever used (I got that tip here a good while ago. One of the best bunny tips ever. That litter is amazing.). My cats use the compressed wood pellets, and I tried using them for the bun, but we all like the compressed paper pellets better. I put a light dusting of hay on top when I change it (usually the hay that spills over onto the floor), and he adds his own as the week progresses. He does find one little corner of the box to poop in, everything else is absorbed rather quickly.

My mini rex has sore hocks and I’ve tried everything on this earth to fix them but they’re determined to stay. His litter is an ikea bin with a wire bag dispenser I use as a hay rack. For bedding, I just use a puppy pee pad and change it out morning and night. I feel bad that he has to sit in his business as the box isn’t huge so I’m always open to new options. It’s a shame I can’t try. the egg crate idea.1532808E-C6DC-4BAC-A05C-A89A0AE42744.jpeg

I feel bad that he has to sit in his business as the box isn’t huge so I’m always open to new options. It’s a shame I can’t try. the egg crate idea.View attachment 44704

HAH! I would not feel bad at ALL! For everything I've tried, and everything I've heard/read, they LOVE sitting in their "business" as much as I love snuggling on the couch! :D It's just one of those little rabbit quirks, they have no problem at all making a home - or a bed - of their litter boxes.

My bun gave me a heart attack just the other day- he had been hopping around and doing his business, the time when i looked at him flopping in his cage my heart stopped- his back paws and butt were all dyed blood-red and i was really lost on where that might´ve come from. we checked him with dad and found no injury whatsoever. Turns out that big fat tax-like rabbit had dug and businessed in a red-covered pillow ( that's his digging-box replacement for now) which had, unknown to us, given him red socks and panties. That really gave us a scare.

Keeps reminding me time and again what weird, miscchevious creatures are rabbits...

Latest posts

Back