Litter Training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikingWife

Reaction score
my rabbits have full run of the house. Duke more so because Frejya is nursing. Duke sleeps in my daughter’s room and Frejya and the kits in the cage. My daughter opens the door as soon as she wakes up so Frejya can roam free.

They poop and pee everywhere. At first, it was just the cage after I cleaned it and moved the kits to the nesting box.

When I moved them back to the cage, they would hop in the nesting box.

So I cleaned the nesting box, put fresh breeding and even food on the small top area.

Duke will get in to eat but will go OUTSIDE the box, Frejya too. I can’t seem to get them in the box to go.

We took a drawer from my daughter’s old dresser and did the same. Every so often they will poo in there but mostly around it.

Any suggestions? How often should I clean? Should I add some linens? I think Duke likes the linens.

I really need some help with this.

Thanks all!

Sounds like you may need a consistent set-up and area. I assume you are trying to train the adult rabbits. That may be difficult with the presence of other rabbits because they may feel the need to mark their territory.

Maybe try taking a read through this and see if it doesn't help get you started on a plan.

Latest posts

Back