Litter Training success

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flirtycuddle

Reaction score
I got Ziggy the 17th of September and quickly found out he's caged trained. I tried putting a litter box in and taking out the wire that is in his cage and he just went bathroom every where BUT the box so I put the wire back and just took out the box. I purchased a corner box with a grate on it and when it finally came put it in the corner of his cage for him to sit on it but never actually use it. Figured if he was gonna use it he would and was not going to push the issue since being cage trained was better then peeing all over the house on free roam. I decided to move the box to the middle of the cage where I found most of his potty habits and locked it in place with the clamps that came with it. Within an hour he was on it and using it. Now I only find stray poops in his cage which is so much easier to clean.

thats great!..u did exactly what ur supposed to ..let them pick where they want their potty box...i just read that u think hes neutered already right?..ull see danglers by now if hes not...:)..if he IS neutered then u prob wont have anymore issues with his potty probs unless u introduce a new bunny to the family...or hes not feeling well...and those stray poops are very normal..Ziggy's a cutie congrats on ur new bunny!

i think i have to get a bigger litter box. Willow is great about "attempting" to use her litterbox but her adorable bunnybutt always hangs over the edge and she misses. I have had to put a puppy pee pad under her litterbox which is still not very effective. Any suggestions? :dunno

I turned him over and tried to look but didn't see anything and he'still getting used to us in the house so did not want to stress him out to much but as far as I can tell he's fixed.

good idea! who doesn't like privacy when theyre doing their thing! :blushan: although i was concerned a bigger box would take up too much room in the cage but a box would provide a great hidey hole too...

Latest posts

Back