Litter training my cute bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MochiTheBunny

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the bunny community and is in the process of litter training my adorable bunny, name Mochi. I currently have a litter tray with a pee pad, litter, and hay in a small corner of my house. Mochi is currently enclosed in the corner until he is fully litter trained. I do let him out for play time throughout the day and continue to give him lots of attention. My goal is to free roam Mochi. Any tips on how to have a successful litter trained bunny?

Please feel free to share your experience and process when you littered trained your bunny.

Since I am new the bunny community, I am more than happy to receive constructive feedback to provide the best life for Mochi.

Thank you,
Melissa

How long have you had him? How old is he? Rabbits may or may not train when very young. But even those that do train may forget that training with the onset of hormones. Once neutered, they will train themselves.

Litter training is really a misnmomer because we don't really train them. They naturally choose to go in one particular spot. We just need to provide that spot so that it is appealing. A photo of your setup would help us to spot anything that might confuse bunny as to where he should potty.

Free roaming is great but you are right to wait on that. There will be plenty of time for that. Being sure he's trained first is most important and that's what you are doing.

Here's more info on litter training:
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/litter-training.html

Latest posts

Back