Litter trained buns pooping under things

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony707

Reaction score
My buns are now liter trained (thanks to the help of a lot of people on this site after months of not working) and theyve been doing really good! But here recently they started pooping under things, like my desk, bed, dresser, beside table, etc. While theyre still using the majority of it in their litter box and thankfully not peeing, is there a way to train them to stop, or get them out of this habbit? It's like they know they shouldnt be cause its not on the floor in the open, only under stuff. Like an immediate cutoff ! Should I just block off things they can get under? Is that normal bunny behavior?

They could be droppings to show you that they own the place maybe??
But I also had this problem and you can solve it by picking up the poop and putting it in their litter box.

Did you confine them to a pen when litter training them? How recently did you expand their area? Normally, if you give rabbits more room they will become lazy with litter habits so you need to expand their space very slowly. Are they territorial poops? If you think they could be territorial poops, I would leave them for 24 hours and then pick them up.

Will getting one fix it tho cuz on the 27 gonna get him fixed cuz I heard it help with peeing and pooping idk tho. But we try to potty train him and he uses it we put hay in it tho and have 2 set up he seems to be doing good in that or in his cage which I clean that out allot also

Latest posts

Back