Litter Madness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnymom5

Reaction score
I have 5 bunnies indoor. They have their own rooms. No cages. Recently, they have been kicking the litter and hay out of the pan. I thought maybe it was the hay (bought a new brand) so I switched back. Still happening. Everyday I walk into a hot mess of litter, hay and poop on the floor. I bought new high side litter pans still a mess. I used very little litter as well thus changing more frequently. Tried not using paper litter and only hay.
HELLLLLPPPPP!

For litter, I would recommend using horse stall pellets. Props to you for letting them have a whole room to themselves! I wish I could do this. Have you tried using a covered litterbox and just take off the door?
hqdefault.jpg

This is Lennon the bunny's litterbox set up.

Horse pellets? Alfalfa ones? Litter is expensive I bought $160 worth monday. I will try the lids. I choose this house with space for the bunnies. Its a family room and dining area One more bunny upstairs in loft and hallways. She only visits the bedrooms

No, they are wood pellets sorry I should have been more specific. I buy a 40 lbs bag for $6 at Rural King. I'm not sure where Gilbert is but you can get them at your local farm store. These are the ones I buy.
9e827dcdd3c77a9db4be86b136128a6e231bb869_104410004.jpg

I have 5 bunnies indoor. They have their own rooms. No cages. Recently, they have been kicking the litter and hay out of the pan. I thought maybe it was the hay (bought a new brand) so I switched back. Still happening. Everyday I walk into a hot mess of litter, hay and poop on the floor. I bought new high side litter pans still a mess. I used very little litter as well thus changing more frequently. Tried not using paper litter and only hay.
HELLLLLPPPPP!

One of my buns would do that too! I just removed that one and added another hooded litter box and removed the door! It definitely fixed the issue!

Two suggestions: A neat idea cube or 2 that will fit into the litter box. Or a cookie cooling rack placed on top the wood pellets & hay. Hope your girls/guys won't ponder removing etiher item with their incisors. One of our sanctuary buns would do so.

These digger-thwarting tips have worked well for our specific diggers. Hubby would bend up the sides of an NIC grid to fit nicely in a cat litter box.

That's a beautiful set-up for your bun babes! So lucky to have the space. All so lucky to have the gorgeous safe-haven room!

p.s. Three of our buns in the house have the same Binky Bunny accordion-style run thru cardboard tunnel. Bun-fun intriguement amenities.

As a bunny mom with multiple bunnies in different areas of our home, it's a huge smile factor to hear you have 5 spayed and neutered buns.

I love the tall black (sturdy) separation panel. Where did you get it? (Or I'll try googling later).

Horse pellets? Alfalfa ones? Litter is expensive I bought $160 worth monday. I will try the lids. I choose this house with space for the bunnies. Its a family room and dining area One more bunny upstairs in loft and hallways. She only visits the bedrooms
You paid 160.00 for litter? Omg, it's 6.00 for an 18 kg box (40 pounds). Thats cheap.

Latest posts

Back