Litter Box Training Baby Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khloe

Reaction score
So I have a litter of 7 week old baby bunnies. I am trying to litter box train them before they go to their new homes. The mom is litter box trained. They are on pvc coated wire. So I have been cleaning the tray and putting the stuff that fell through the wire in the litter box. But they still have accidents and I have been doing this for a while. Any help appreciated.

How long have you been doing it? It took me two weeks with Bunster. Also are you cleaning up the wire after you clean up accidents? I imagine it would be hard to tell if they're on wire where they've actually peed and that sounds like it would be a problem in training because they go where they smell that they've gone before.

Could you attach a photo of your set up you are describing? That could help a lot since the set up is really key to litter training.

Also, even if some or all seem to litter train, do be sure to let people know that the training can be forgotten once hormones kick in. Some rabbits also need to be re-trained when moved to a new home.

Latest posts

Back