Litter box suggestions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacee

Reaction score
I am redesigning my buns cage and I was curious what other long haired bun owners do to keep litter/poop/hay out of their buns fur! I have a single senior bun who is starting to rely on me to groom it out of him everyday. Is there an easier way to make a litter box/hay box that will make it less messy? I currently have a grate over the litter box which works but I hate having grates anywhere near my enclosure, especially since he is getting older. I am redesigning the whole cage so I can really implement anything into the litter box design. Do rubber mats stop poop/hay from going all over the cage? Do enclosed litter boxes actually help long haired buns? Any suggestions at all? Lol

I would use a plastic tub like this one: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/samla-box-transparent-00130129/

Cut a hole in one side so that the rabbit can walk in and out rather than hop. If he’s older and can’t groom himself, I suspect that he isn’t as mobile as he was when he was younger. So I wouldn’t use and enclosed litter box if so.

This video is quite a good set-up for an elderly rabbit, you don’t need to copy the whole set-up but can implement some ideas that would work for you.

Latest posts

Back