Litter box retraining after being bonded.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopandpee

Reaction score
My girl is peeing everywhere still, she's been bonded with the boy for 4 weeks now and is still peeing everywhere! It's getting so frustrating constantly cleaning and doing washing...
I have decided to retrain her and pen her in a limited space, question is, do I need to keep the boy in there with her or can he be free with access to the room still.. I feel bad trapping him too when he's done nothing wrong.

Girl is 3 years old, I've had her since March - desexed in March (5 months now)
Boy is 2 years old, I've had him since July - desexed in late June (8 weeks now)

she just pees everywhere in their main bedroom.

Did the peeing everywhere start when you started bonding them? You should not separate them. So if you pen one, you need to pen both.

It started 3 weeks after they were housed together in the same room. I’ve taken away all the towels and cardboard and have added another litter box and pen them together at night.

It started 3 weeks after they were housed together in the same room. I’ve taken away all the towels and cardboard and have added another litter box and pen them together at night.
May not have anything to do with the bonding then. Could well be a UTI. Have her checked by a good rabbit vet.

I did take her to the vet couple of weeks ago, she’s fine thought her legs have gone worst :/

I did take her to the vet couple of weeks ago, she’s fine thought her legs have gone worst :/
Has she been tested for EC? That could definitely have these symptoms. Treatment is Panacur (fenbendazole) for at least 4 weeks and Metacam. EC could have flared up due to bonding stress. I would treat both bunnies.

She had a round (28 days) of EC treatment soon after I got her in March.
When I took her to the vet couple of weeks ago, they did a full blood/urine test and she was fine.

She had a round (28 days) of EC treatment soon after I got her in March.
When I took her to the vet couple of weeks ago, they did a full blood/urine test and she was fine.
Did they test for EC? What were the IgG and IgM levels? Did she have EC symptoms in March?

I’m not sure, it wasn’t detectable, but the orphanage suggested I put her on it just incase.
they also tested her for kidney disease and arthritis but all came back negative.

Perhaps discuss with the vet whether repeating the EC treatment would make sense. Unless the vet has a good argument not to, that is what I would do.

I actually have and they most likely have said no, coz they didn’t make me take one home with me on that visit or when I got the results. the panacur first round didn’t really do much to her first round anyway.

My buns did not do well being confined in a small space together, it was the closest I ever seen them to "fighting" so I separated them in the morning (they were together 8hrs at night). Weird, it seems they only start circling/humping each other when I'm in the room.

Latest posts

Back