litter box help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is the best litter for a bun? I have tried that fresh care grey paper mulch like stuff, and I have tried shredded paper, I have heard yesterday's news is a good litter but no one around here sells it! as of right now i am using aspen bedding in his litter box, it prevents smell and is soft, but my question is, is it safe for him? The bag says it is, but then again what company would advertise otherwise? What ype of litter do you use for your bunnies litter box? A con to aspen is that little pieces get out of his box when he jumps out, not too much but enough to annoy me! lol Input welcome :)

If you have a local home depo go and get the the $4.00 bag of stove chow wood pellets is like 40lbs! Is great for the smell and won't be all over the floor.

Hi,
I use the recycled newspaper pellets that they also use for cat litter. I find they absorb odors well & swell up when wet, so they are easily scooped out in a hump when you are ready.

I just shred actual newspapers and smash them down into the litter pan, then add 2 or 3 inches of timothy hay. Lasts for maybe two or three days, depending on how "productive" Parsley Graybuns is (12 lb AmChin).

Switching from carefresh to woodpellets. Waaaay cheaper and it's far better odor control, even when it's still half and half

Latest posts

Back