Litter box changes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
This is my first post as a member so sorry if this has already been asked and answered somewhere else.
I have 2 white lionhead bunnies both coming up to a year old, houses indoors with their own run space and both litter box trained, both “fixed”

Just lately I’ve noticed Lola won’t “go” in the litter box if she’s not eating at the time? ... she’ll pee outside of her litter box instead, it’s becoming frustrating as they have always been good litter box users apart from the odd accident, but now she deliberately doesn’t use the litter box if she’s not eating and I don’t know why?

I’m upgrading their run space soon so want to try and tackle this so she doesn’t pee all over my carpets
I don’t know how to control it if she’s not eating and peeing.
Noel is fine, he seems to use the litter box regardless if he’s munching or not.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Give Lola some more time. As Noel has been already comfortable with the litter box, i think Lola will be too. If she doesn't, try to feed her outside then use the litter box. I think it is normal behave specially if it is a lionhead.

Latest posts

Back