List your pets!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are far too many different animals for me to keep as pets to waste my time on children :p I won't have time for kids with the zoo of animals I plan on keeping when I manage to buy a nice big property!!

Cassness, Imbrium, I'm the same way. I don't like kids and have never wanted any, but I come from a Catholic, mostly Italian and Irish family with 27 aunts and uncles and more cousins and 2nd cousins than I can count(literally. I haven't met half of my relatives, there's just too many), so I can never escape the "you'll change your mind!", "But all women like kids!", "Who's going to take care of you when you're old?" comments. I'm so glad there's others like me!

yup! having kids is something you can CHOOSE to do, not an obligation. I don't get why, if you're a kid, then peer pressure is bad and it's wrong to cave into it... but if you're an adult, other adults try to peer-pressure you into having kids even if you don't want to. there's nothing wrong with having kids, but it IS the most difficult job in the world so if you don't think you're cut out for it, there shouldn't be anything wrong with NOT having kids.

Exactly! I don't get it either. I have extreme tokophobia, not to mention endometriosis and PCOS, so even if I did want kids I couldn't have any. I don't get why people have to stick their nose in other people's business. What if the person they're asking desperately wants kids but they can't have them or had just had a miscarriage? People need to live and let live.

Add me to the list of women who don't want or never had kids. I chose to not have children because it's not something I had a burning desire to do. Wasn't on my priority list so to speak ;)

I have and have always had lots of different critters though. Furry, feathered and finned children preferred here :)

Add me too! I prefer furry children. No complaining, no school, and no college savings lol. Plus, there's no "Mom you won't let me get that rated R movie so I hate you" stuff. Plus, all my bunny children will happily eat their vegetables:)

Add me too! I prefer furry children. No complaining, no school, and no college savings lol. Plus, there's no "Mom you won't let me get that rated R movie so I hate you" stuff. Plus, all my bunny children will happily eat their vegetables:)

~ no dirty diapers (I'll take rabbit pee over baby poop ANY day!)
~ they'll never throw a tantrum in the middle of a crowded store (wish I could say the same of my gliders!)
~ they're physically incapable of throwing up
~ they cost less
~ they smell better
~ their "teenage phase" only lasts a couple months
~ they'll never wreck your car
~ you can legally lock them in a cage (or put them in a playpen even when they're adults)

the list goes on and on :p

We have:
1 dog- a Texas Heeler named Luca
6 cats (outside barn kitties)- Freaky (tort Calico), Blackie, Bumpkin, Nasty, BatKat (raised as an orphan, the sole survivor), and BlackJack
8 horses- Arnie, Digger, Racer, Doc, Louis, Gypsy, Chase, & Misty
3 inside bunnies- Nestle (my cuddler!), Karmin (daughter's cuddle-bunny), and Max. Well, and now Max's 5 kits.
10 adult French Lops, 11 French Lop weanlings, 11 adult Californians, & 3 Californians about to be weaned-- these live in the barn.

Oh, and for those saying, "I'm never having kids!"...you may live to eat those words. LOL I used to say the same thing...and now have 16 yr. old twin boys (I called them "Oops" and "Uh oh" before they were born) and a daughter turning 15 on Christmas Eve (who I called, "OMG!" when I found out I was pregnant yet again). So never say never. :)

thought of another plus for rabbits - you can wrap an empty cardboard box in brown packing paper, call it a present and they'll be happy :p

@wendymac, I'm physically incapable of becoming pregnant. My ovaries are covered in cysts and I'll have to have a hysterectomy by age 25. Also, I LOVE horses. What breeds do you have? I love gypsy vanners and thoroughbreds!
And Imbrium, that's the best idea I've ever heard.

@wendymac, I'm physically incapable of becoming pregnant. My ovaries are covered in cysts and I'll have to have a hysterectomy by age 25. Also, I LOVE horses. What breeds do you have? I love gypsy vanners and thoroughbreds!
And Imbrium, that's the best idea I've ever heard.
I LOVE horses too!:hearts:hearts:hearts

They're Quarter Horses, except our one lone Appaloosa. We show, team pen, and sort with them. Tons of fun! Well, except this time of year when it's just feed/groom/clean stalls. lol

Wendy! We need pics :D lol I love Gypsy's too! I just recently got to watch my first sorting event It was so awesome!!

Awww! Appaloosas are so beautiful, and so are quarter horses. They always seem to have a carefree personality. And yes, pics! Tons of them! I used to do dressage and a bit of beginner's jumping in my early teens. I've been wanting to get back in the saddle for years!

I have pictures of them on my blog, which I have no clue how to get to since everything's changed. LOL If I can't find the link, I'll just post new ones. :)

I may have replied to this one before but our pets have changed! :)

1. 5 year old Jack Russell Terrier named Jack
2. 2 year old Shepherd Husky cross : Axel
3. 1 year old orange cat: Tiger
4. 1 Year old Black cat: Chanel
5. 9 month old black and white cat: Oreo
6. 8 month old calico cat: Molly
7. 3 mini rex does: Bubbles, Trixi and Sissy
8. Mini Rex/holland lop doe: Cinnamon
9. mini rex/holland lop buck: Speckles
10. Lion Head buck: Scruffy
11. Lion head doe: Fluffy
12. Netherland Buck: Flash

wow, seeing it all typed out like that, I didnt realize we had THAT many! lol. All my cats are rescues, they started out as foster kitties, but then I couldnt let them go! :)

Latest posts

Back