List your pets!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always wanted birds of my own; I used to handraise/feed various parrots and conures, but all already had prospective homes.

The trouble comes in the 80lb of dog I have that thinks birds are tasty and delicious. :/

And I'm a HUGE goldfish fan. I have 8 myself :) What kind of camera are you using to take your fish tank pictures??

Samara wrote:
Man do I hear that. My dog Troy would go to the ends of the earth for my two mammal-snakes.

Does Koda use a water bottle or a bowl? My Colt digs in water dishes and stands with his paw on water bottles so they drain. GAH!

He uses a bowl. He used to have a water bottle but some how he kept tipping them and water leaked out everywhere!! he tips his water bowl but since he is out most of the time he just drinks out of the dogs water bowl .

Love the birds!!! I used to have a cockatial(sp?). I got her from a teacher at school in third grade. She was allowed to be out of the cage and flying around. One day the side door was opened(it is never opened so I dont know who opened it) and birdy flew out the door. Someone found her and called us. She was fine for the first night then passed away. She had a vet app. but they couldnt get her in for a week :( I would have another bird but I now have 4 cats so that wouldnt go well :(

Trigger101 wrote:
He uses a bowl. He used to have a water bottle but some how he kept tipping them and water leaked out everywhere!! he tips his water bowl but since he is out most of the time he just drinks out of the dogs water bowl .

There's an idea. I'm always terrified to leave my ferrets out for more than an hour or two at a time. They like to burrow under the cushions of the couch and I'm afraid if they were house ferrets that I'd skoosh one of them inadvertently. How did you handle it?

Samara wrote:
And I'm a HUGE goldfish fan. I have 8 myself :) What kind of camera are you using to take your fish tank pictures??
Thanks. I am using an old Canon G5. Hate it..lol.:blushan: It is high on my wish list to have a new Nikon,Canon, or something better.:p

Trigger101 wrote:
Love the birds!!! I used to have a cockatial(sp?). I got her from a teacher at school in third grade. She was allowed to be out of the cage and flying around. One day the side door was opened(it is never opened so I dont know who opened it) and birdy flew out the door. Someone found her and called us. She was fine for the first night then passed away. She had a vet app. but they couldnt get her in for a week :( I would have another bird but I now have 4 cats so that wouldnt go well :(
Oh I am so sorry for your loss. People do keep birds and cats. I have a dedicated birdroom with a big net,playstand, window perches,and a screen door for three of my birds. One is in the kitchen area, and is allowed out of cage time there. The other two are in my office here,{other spare bedroom} and have an atom,and playstand to be out on. My dog does not bother my birds at all. They have landed in front of him, and even walked on him{hubby fell asleep:shock:} Heartly is the one who found Kismet the canary in my backyard, in 40F weather. Some idiot let him loose on purpose.{she told me so:grumpy:}

We do the ferret shuffle,lol. No shoes are allowed because you cant feel him under you,lol. He is always under the couches so before you sit down you have to make sure he ain't there. I could never let Koda stay outside. It gets to hot outside in summer and I would be afraid he would be dead!!!

Carole, that first bird you posted is amazing! I've never seen one like it.

I've never owned birds. We've always had cats. And after having cats forever, I would not trust them with birds. My cat when I was little caught a bat once. My cats now who don't have much of a prey drive (my bigger cat thinks the rabbit is another cat) will go after birds and they are indoor only. In fact I was talking with my neighbors outside with Azrael (my cat) and this random bird landed on the ground about 5 feet from him. He went after the bird. Nearly gave me a heart attack.

Ooooh but I would love a ferret. But can't unless I want to sneak one in from NV. -_- California I swear haha.

Anyway photos!
No recent photos of the geckos but here's Ed:

and Nigel Murray (Or just Murray):

I don't have any pictures of the new girl gecko yet.
Azrael when he was a kitten:

hehehe and Merlin:

The black cat belonged to my room mate.

And Harvey:

oneEarharvey by Magpie8203, on Flickr

[align=center]yayyy~! everyone's pets are so cute!
here are my pets <3

starting with the dogs!

DSC_0452.jpg

DSC_0453.jpg

kiba is the family's fantastic five year old black and tan shiba inu (maybe husky mix... IDKK.. where we got him.. unreliable source). he was supposed to be mine, but since i was in middle/high school, i wasn't home enough so he decided to love my mom more... we got him from petland- even though we hate supporting pet stores... but i fell in love and so we spent 1500 bucks on him... it was so worth it, he's awesome, a real cuddlebug, even though he gets me in trouble sometimes -.- he's a really good dog... but he's afraid of absolutely everything.

DSC_03992.jpg
DSC_0414.jpg

then there's my other dog, lady, who i've had since i was about five years old. she's fourteen years old, but still pushin` strong. she's a pitbull x shepherd x chow. a menacing mix to say the least, but a great dog! although she has VERY selective hearing and sight. she often barks at nothing, and often pees when new people pet her (submissive pee-er!). her knees are really bad but she still runs around like a pup with kiba. only a few years ago, her mom was still alive o.o anyways, she's a cool dog and i hope she sticks around for a lot longer! ♥

20111003_205220-1.jpg
20111012_171308-1.jpg

now on to the rabbits~

DSC_0803.jpg

DSC_0862.jpg

the first rabbit i got was solara. she's a chestnut agouti mini-rex mix, without the mini-rex fur, and weighs 5-6 lb. she's two years old. she was super sweet and nice, and now she's a complete ... jerk. she runs from me and everyone else, but can actually be quite sweet when she wants to be. i can handle her okay, but when she gets po'd... she goes all out, and always ends up leaving me with scars. she's the dainty, gentle one when not being handled or bothered, and refuses to take any treats from my hands unless it's a craisen. now... she used to be bonded to the second rabbit i have.

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

sabriel is that second rabbit, an ADORABLE blue dutch rabbit, weighing in at 4.5 lb. he's two years old, and only like, 2 weeks younger than solara. he's the kind of rabbit who gets excited at the sight of me and loves pets from everyone. he gives me tons of bunny kisses (like a dog) all the time, and if he gets to know you, he'll lick you too! he's quite the cuddler and likes to snuggle on my lap while i am at the computer. when i stop petting him for too long, he glances up at me like "are you gunna pet me or what?" and when i dont right away, he chews on my laptop. he actually broke his leg a year ago, (long story), so we bonded a LOT during that time (i had to feed him by hand, all that stuff). he's all good now!

DSC_0648.jpg

DSC_0652.jpg

silas is my 11 lb, light gray 'flemish giant' bun- as we were told. he's kinda too small to be a flemish giant (so i think he's a giant chinchilla rabbit), lol! but anyways, he's three years old- i got him when he was two. he's my couch potato. you will most often see him laying around in his pen or cuddled up to me on my bed while we take a nap together. he, like sabriel gives lots of kisses, but likes to dig at peoples' bodies for some reasons. we like to take him in pet stores often, and he gets a lot of attention for his large size! he's very friendly and loves attention from anyone. when i carry him in the pet store, sometimes he'll even kiss my neck, it's sooo cute.

295176_10150254846426516_546981515_7687684_7641550_n-1-1.jpg

20111010_175156-1.jpg
[/align]

Wow, I am gonna love this thread.. I have quite the menagerie of animals.
P1040546.jpg
This is my registered fainting goat Isabell. Her registered name is Sunset Ridge Fainters Isabell. She is 2 yrs old and she loves out at my sisters place with the rest of the herd my sister has. She kidded march 8 and had a doeling who is still not named.
P1040566.jpg
This is her Doeling. What a beauty and stocky little girl. She hopefully will be a short haired.. but she has marbled blue eyes.

P1020365.jpg
This is my pet cow. I love her to death. She is about 6 yrs old now and has had 3 calves. She was born 6wks premature and they didnt think she would live. She is my pride and joy.. my boyfriend laughs at me...

Morgan.jpg
This is my barn cat. His name is Morgan. he is four years old and my baby. he weighs 17.2 lbs and is just that big.. not really fat.

P1040412.jpg
My three goldfish, Hubert (Black Moore), Bugsy (calico telescope) and my handicapped fish Finnagain (oranda) they are moving into a 55 soon.

P1030523.jpg
This is charlie my pedigreed Polish...

I will be back later to finish my animals...

Thanks for the compliments. Everyone's critters are wonderful.:hearts Charlie is stunning!:hearts

I have....

6 chickens- Snow Flake, Andy (a.k.a King Arthur), {Silkie Bantams}, Milky Way, {Isa Brown} Tilly, Tina and Tiny. {Unknown}

5 guinea pigs- Sweet Pea, Ninja, Pete, Daisy and Smokey. {long and short haired}.

2 bunnies- Aimee and Flopsy {Cashmere x mini lop}

1 fish- Brian {uncoloured goldfish}

😄that's my family!😄

Latest posts

Back