Liquid Soap

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peapoo_bunny

Reaction score
i just went in peapoo's room and found her looking like this... she is covered in soap..you cant really tell in the pic, but its all over her head, feet and everything!

i tried wiping it off with a wet wash cloth, but its still all in her fur.. i'm sure she's ate a pretty good bit because you could tell she was trying to lick it off..turns out my little brother knocked the soap over and of course nosey peapoo was right under his feet, and it poured right on her:foreheadsmack:... think it will make her sick? and how can i get it off? its still all in her fur!

I think that you should get it off her even if its not good to give a bunny a bath...run lukewarm water and place her under a faucet and try to get all the soap out as she is going to try to lick it off herself. I would call a vet after thatas i think that the amount ingested would be the issue.
If not a vet, call poison control for pets as I think that it could really disrupt her GI tract...but get the soap off of her first. and make sure not to get it in her eyes.. Then dry her off as much as you can and even use the hairdryer on low if you need to.

ok.. i think i'll do that.. i was thinking about washing her under the faucet, but i wasn't sure if she would get too cold if she wasn't completely dry...but ill just sit her cage in the living room with the woodstove when im done...and im pretty sure she wont stand the hairdryer...she doesn't mind the vacuum

I'm just telling you what I would do...make sure that the water temp does not get too hot or cold, try to keep it even ..work your fingers through her fur to make sure that it is all out... then towel her off and keep changing to a dry towel. Maybe hold her after its over and talk to her. I spilled Handy Andy on a hamster once and had to do this ...however the hamster didn't eat any. If she didn't eat a ot she will probably be OK but if you could call a vet it would be good. I'll try to find the number of Poison Control but I think they'll charge you for the call.

Don't make it like a bath...pretend like you washed your hair and you need to get the soap out. you can get the temp from the faucet right and then place her in the sink but I think you'll need some running water to get the soap out. be gentle and talk to her and if you can get someone to help you so she won't jump out of the sink that would be good.

At the bottom of the page bunnydude posted vets who will do consultations...maybe you could try one of those vets. Please let me know how she is?

angieluv wrote:
At the bottom of the page bunnydude posted vets who will do consultations...maybe you could try one of those vets. Please let me know how she is?
i had to bathe her in the tub because my sink isso small the water wouldnt go on her back... poor little thing just sat there and let me rinse her...it took a lot of rinsing to get all of it off, but i think i got it. she actually fell asleep when i was drying her with the towels, and now shes sitting in front of the stove with the fan blowing warm air out.. i think i'll call the vet whenever they're open again...im not sure when that is, but i can call and find out.. but for now all i can do is watch her closely and keep and eye on her food and water to make sure shes eating and drinking

Is it usual behaviour for her to fall asleep like that.? She's probably all stressed out to the max. It sounds like you got the soap out which is good. I wish so much I could help you more as I know that this is upsetting.

angieluv wrote:
Is it usual behaviour for her to fall asleep like that.? She's probably all stressed out to the max. It sounds like you got the soap out which is good. I wish so much I could help you more as I know that this is upsetting.
well she usually closes her eyes when shes on her back because she LOVES being rubbed like that, but i think she was actually sleeping this time...or either passed out, lol... she just layed there after i was done.. then i carried her downstairs and put her in her cage.shes a giant fluff ball right now, but other than thatshes acting normal right now:dunno:

I think she'll be just fine. Rinsing her under running water was the first and foremost thing - good job! Just keep an eye on her for signs of panting, diarreah, or if she starts consuming huge amounts of water, or starts acting lethargic.

Just relax yourself and calm down... Peapoo can sense when you're stressed and may get stressed out as well. She'll be just fine. ;)

SunnieBunnie Rabbitry wrote:
Just relax yourself and calm down... Peapoo can sense when you're stressed and may get stressed out as well. She'll be just fine. ;)
thanks! i wasntvery stressed, i just wasnt sure how to get it off:)peapoo did very good, and the whole thing was very calm..didnt try to jump out, get away or anything... she's actually sleeping right now

Might not be a badidea to make sure she is just sleeping and not lethargic.maybe wake her up and let her run around, andsee if she wants to eat and drink?

I'm not as experienced as Sunnie - but I'd try to get her to take a bit of hay or quaker oats oatmeal (uncooked of course).....just to keep her from getting diaherrea.

Other than that - sounds like you did great!

Peg

Latest posts

Back